38 • message

Photo - Ayana

•••

Prince: *come see me ASAP, we need to talk. Try to come alone too.*

In a rush, Jada hops on one leg, trying to pull her boot up the other foot as she rushes downstairs to wash the dish she just used, just to save Tia the extra work. But of course Tia stops her in the process, living up to the expectation and honors of being highly paid to spoil Jada.

Now she's on her way to see Tariq. Not driving this time with a motorcade in front and behind her, but in the back of an Escalade, as she should be. The Aniston's family is trusted, which is the only reason she will get the drivers and guards to leave after dropping her off and return for her when she requests it.

And with everything that's going on with Tariq's family, today has got to be her lucky day to escape the White House, being that her parents flew to Wisconsin for business earlier this morning. Missing the days when she could rarely drive one of her cars to wherever and back in one peace. Not with the secret service in front and behind her, but only one or no guards.

"Will you be okay?" Jada asks Amber before she goes on her flight.

"você está brincando comigo? Brazil is my home." Amber shrugs.

"No I'm not kidding you, and I know it's your home. I just wanted to make sure my little sis would be okay." Jada plays with the loose strands of curly hair by Amber's side burn, the rest captured in a bun.

"I'm older than you."

"By 36 seconds." Jada deadpans then laughs when Amber rolls her eyes in annoyance. "Just fucking hug us." She says and Amber hugs her sisters then they all grasp their hands together in unity.

"I'll be back in two weeks." Amber tells them for the millionth time before departing with Lee.

"Have fun with your boyfriends.." Mariyah tells Jada and Phoebe in a fake happy tone. "I'll just.. stay here. Alone.. single.. lonely.."

"Mariyah.." Phoebe whines.

"Okay, I'm sorry. You guys have fun."

"And Seth and I are not together.." Phoebe trails off.

"Yeah, you tell yourself that.." Jada mumbles but Phoebe hears her and sends her a small glare.

"Why don't you come with Seth and I to his new shoot?" Phoebe suggests.

"And watch professionals have sex to make me feel even worst about my sexual disabilities? Yeah, I'll stay here." Mariyah scoffs.

"You don't have to watch! You and I could enjoy the hotel resources until Seth is done then we all go somewhere nice."

"Third wheeling will make it even more obvious that I don't have a life and feel even more single than I already am."

"Bien!" Phoebe slightly exclaims saying 'alright' in French. She raises her hands in surrender. "Stay home then. I think that is actually the better choice. You do need some time for self care and self love."

"I'll do what I do best.. eat ice cream and watch love movies to feel even worst." She shrugs and her sisters chuckle.

"See you later, okay?" Jada rubs Mariyah's shoulder with a smile.

•••

Jada's message to Tariq letting him know she's on her way hasn't gotten a reply as yet. She figures that he probably saw the message, it's just one of those stink habits they have in common, not responding after there's nothing left to confirm.