𝗧𝗪𝗢.

"How'd everything go?" Cliff called to Rick as he shut the car door and walked towards the man. I had thrown myself into the back seat, Cliff informed me that Rick felt better sitting in the front. I simply didn't care enough to argue.

   I watched in the rear view mirror, Rick was smoking a cigarette while explaining to Cliff what had happened. He looked beyond stressed and multiple swears could be heard from my spot inside the car.

   "Fuck!" He yelled again, slipping into the passenger seat and flicking his cigarette away.
The drive consisted of Cliff attempting to calm Rick down, trying to explain to him that he would be a hard person to forget... and that he's done so much in the film industry that it would be near impossible for him to grow irrelevant.

"Fuckin' hippies" Rick gritted his teeth at the women standing on the street corner in strappy sandals and flower covered clothing. I couldn't help but giggle causing Rick to look back at me with a smirk.

"And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson..." Paul Simon's voice played through the car as a line of women walked across the cross walk all holding food items. "You wanna talk about hippies? Get a load of this" I leaned forward as I noticed my brother held a gaze with a pretty brunette with dark eyebrows.

They exchanged peace signs causing me to laugh quietly. "Why are you always laughin" Cliff scoffed. "Because I love life!" I stuck my tongue out at the man before leaning back in my seat.

Eventually the ride came to an end, I decided to get out of the car to say my goodbyes to Rick. I enjoyed his company, though he seemed to be in a rough patch of his life right now. He seemed beyond stressed, I felt bad for him.

"I could be one pool party away from starring in a new Polanski movie!" Rick beamed as I caught up to the pair. "Feeling better now?" Cliff smiled causing Rick to sigh in relief. "Yeah, yeah sorry about all of that before. And sorry to you darlin', you s-shouldn't have had to see my meltdown" he explained, I felt my face become hot.

"Don't worry about it Rick!" I smiled, looking up at my brother. "Can I have my glasses back now?" Cliff smirked. Rick looked up playfully, grabbing the shades off his forehead and beginning to tease Cliff.

I enjoyed watching the two interact, they clearly loved each other a whole lot and I thought it was more than sweet.

"Alright lets get goin" Cliff shoved my shoulder lightly turning away to head back to the car. "Hey, maybe you and I can spend some time together one of these days. I wanna try and loosen you up a bit, show ya what life is all about" I grinned at the man who was leaning on the doorframe.

"Ya know what, I would love n-nothing more" he smiled causing me to nod in agreement. "I'll see ya tomorrow" I shot finger guns at Rick causing him to do the same. I smiled to myself, turning away and scurrying down the steps to Cliff's car. He had just finished transporting my luggage to the other car.

"What a little beaut you've got here" I smiled, hopping in. "Yeah she's still kicking" he laughed, peeling out and driving recklessly home.

"And you said Rick's the one that gets in accidents?" I laughed as we finally stopped, pulling up to Cliff's trailer. "I drive like that for a living, might as well carry it over into my day to day life right? Makes life more exciting" he spun the keys around, swinging open the door to reveal an excited Brandy.

"Brandy!" I smiled, kneeling down and embracing the dog. "Do ya remember me, girl?" I laughed as she rested on top of me. "I think she might peg you as familiar" Cliff joked as he headed into the kitchen area.

"It's a cute lil' place really, but where the hell am I gonna sleep?" I finally stood up, looking around the small trailer. "Over here!" He walked over to a curtain, peeling it back to reveal a mattress. "It's usually where I sleep but, I'll take the couch in the mean time" he smiled.

"Cliff thank you. You have no idea what this all means to me" I pouted at him. He waved his hand in dismissal before speaking, "So, you get any gigs here?" He questioned as he started making Brandy's dinner.

I had always wanted to model. I did a few shoots back home and figured I'd have more opportunities here. "Yeah a few, my friend gave me a couple numbers to call" I nodded, sitting on the couch near Brandy.

"I'm surprised you remembered I modeled" I laughed as he moved on to making mac n' cheese. "You're my sister, of course I would remember" he shrugged, lighting a cigarette.

The two of us ate our boxed food, laughing all night as we watched tv with a beer in one hand. I was more than happy already, I could tell being here with my brother would be a lot of fun.

The morning rolled around sooner than expected, oddly enough I found myself putting more thought into my appearance knowing we were going to pick up Rick.

"This look okay?" I tilted my head in the mirror at my appearance. I heard my brother shuffling around behind me, grabbing his keys and other belongings for the day.

"What does it matter? You tryin' to impress someone?" He laughed, waving his hand dramatically towards the door. "Let's get goin' Rick will be waitin' for us to pick him up" Cliff thankfully changed the subject, already out the door.

I followed him after one more glance over of my outfit. "And away we go" I grinned, slipping into the back seat.

Once we picked up Rick, the ride to set held a lack of conversation. Rick seemed tired, he looked out the window quietly as he worked on his cigarette.

The two said their goodbyes which I tuned out for the most part. "Go and fix my antenna or whatever you've gotta do. I'll see ya around" Rick tapped the door to the car, turning on his heel.

"Hey, you're Rick fucking Dalton. And don't you forget it" Cliff called out to the man, Rick flashed a subtle smile while putting up a finger gun. I waited until the man was far enough away before hopping into the front seat.

"You're a good friend" I smiled, turning my head to face my brother. "I try" he smirked, stepping on the gas and driving out of the lot.