𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧.

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗲
____

I walked up to the door, running over what I would say through my drunk mind.

The door was open, revealing a young man who was pointing a gun at my brother.

"What the fuck?" I said out loud as I tried to comprehend the scene that was unfolding before me.

"Hey it's (y/n)!" Cliff announced with a smile as I entered the house. "Get the fuck over there" the man ordered me causing me to stand off. "You don't tell me what to do, fuckin' hippie" I scoffed, walking over to Cliff. "But I will listen to you just this once- only because I don't feel like getting killed" I smiled, leaning on my brother.

"Anyway, what were you sayin' before?" Cliff looked around at the other two woman before focusing his attention back on the man.

"I'm here to do the devil's business" he seethed, shaking the gun lightly.

I squinted my eyes at the three in confusion before I heard the man's gun click as he loaded the chamber. I suddenly tightened in fear before Cliff clicked his mouth, signaling Brandy to attack the man.

He screamed in agony as Brandy sunk her teeth into the man's leg and crotch area. "Ouch" I cringed as I watched the scene unfold, suddenly I noticed a short red haired girl running up behind me.

I quickly turned around, connecting my fist to her jaw. I looked over to my brother who was dealing with the smaller girl with black hair.

The red haired girl stumbled away from me, I used the spare time to turn around in a quick motion to start beating the man's face while Brandy attacked his lower area.

Eventually he dropped to the floor in immense pain, I felt a sting from my back as I turned around to see the red haired girl once again. I inhaled sharply as I held a hand to the wound, holding it out in front of my hand to see the blood that was there. She had sliced my back.

   "Alright bitch" I smiled pushing her into the glass table that was sat behind her. She landed a few punches on me, but I ended up wailing on her once I was positioned on top.

   She was able to flip us around, now she was on top. She grabbed my arm and twisted it causing a crack to fill my ears. I screamed in pain as she started to punch me again, I went unconscious before Cliff finished her off.

   I woke up a little while after, the cops and EMT's were here now, I was being set on a gurney. My eyes flickered around at the scene in front of me, I couldn't find anyone I recognized. "Where's my brother?" I asked the paramedic with me in a raspy voice.

   "He woke up before you did ma'am, he's already off to the hospital in a separate vehicle" the man informed me quietly as I heard Rick call out for me. "(y/n)! Are you okay? I-is she okay? Are you in pain?" He walked up close to the stretcher I was positioned on, rambling a mile a minute.

   I laughed as I looked up at Rick. "Leave us alone for a minute, would ya?" Rick asked the man who was sitting beside me. The man rolled his eyes, getting up and walking away to talk to another paramedic.

   "I'm fine Rick, really I am" I exhaled, blinking slowly as I watched the man's worried expression. "You really kicked some ass, didn't you lil' Booth" he sympathetically smiled, running a finger gently across a bruise on my face.

   "I tried" I laughed before a silence fell between us. "Are you okay, Rick?" I asked the man with stars in my eyes. Even in my worst conditions, I would always hold a spot for the man above myself.

   "Yeah. Thank you for asking that" he exhaled, trying to hide the smile that came over his features. He held an expression that upon observation, told me that he was surprised someone had cared about him and thought to ask about how he felt.

   "I'll meet you at the hospital, alright?" Rick's face displayed stress once again, he looked around thinking of what he would do next.

   "No, Rick. You don't have to do that, Cliff and I are fine. Go and comfort your wife. She needs you" it hurt to say but I managed it. It just wasn't fair to me. I cared so much for the man yet it wasn't enough, I didn't understand.

   "She doesn't need me, you need me. I wanna be here for you, not her" he looked down at me, his eyes became glossy.

   We both knew his words had a double meaning. That on the outside, what he was saying was completely different than what he was actually trying to say.

   "It's alright, Rick. Please" I reassured him once more, a quick silence fell upon us before I gasped. "Oh! Could you do a favor for me though?" I perked up, eyes glistening up at the man. "Anythin' in the entire world, you've got it darlin" his eyes found mine quickly, a sad smile tugged at his lips.

   "I told Sharon I would go over for a drink about an hour ago, why don't you go on over and take my place. Tell her everything that happened, it'll be a funny story I bet" I laughed quietly as he nodded carefully. "Sure thing" he smiled sympathetically, slipping his hand into mine and squeezing it subtly.

   "God dammit, I was all prepared on what I was gonna tell you tonight and now it's gotta wait another day" I sighed, he tilted his head at me in confusion. "What do you mean? Just tell me n-now then" he laughed nervously causing me to close my eyes and raise a hand up. "I won't do that, Rick" I smiled. "Get some rest okay? And tell Sharon I said hi!" I smiled as his eyes became glossy once again.

   "I'm sorry" he whispered, leaning down and planting a soft kiss on my cheek underneath my eye. It was an incredibly love filled kiss, my heart swarmed as the man leaned back again.

   My cheeks felt warm as he backed away, his gaze didn't leave mine as the back door to the ambulance shut loudly.