𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘.

The overhanging lights they tell you about in hospitals are as blinding and irritating as all hell. I attempted to pry my eyes open, eventually getting used to the bright light overhead.

I glanced over to the window, it was light outside. I turned my head to see a curtain separating my bed from another one.

"Hey, who's over there?" I called across the room, only to be met with my smirking brother. "Would you look at that, they put us in the same room. Ain't that fortunate" I laughed as Cliff peeled back the curtain, revealing his entire bed.

"How are you feelin' anyways?" Cliff asked, grabbing the milk sat on his bedside table.

"I feel good I think? My back sort of hurts but that's only cause I was cut there. I don't even remember much, I was pretty wasted" I shrugged causing Cliff to shake his head.

"Don't use that word, you're starting to sound like those hippies" he said in an annoyed tone. All three of our hatred for hippies severely escalated because of the scene last night.

"Point is, I was not sober" I raised my hands in defense. "How are you?" I asked, I had passed out while Cliff was still fighting- I had no idea what kind of condition he was in.

"I'm in tip top shape" he shot a thumbs up and spoke in a mocking tone. "Would you believe if I told ya I was stabbed? In my damn hip!" Cliff scoffed, looking away.

"The Cliff Booth? Stabbed? Wowie, you sure are a disgrace to Hollywood" I teased, finding it hard to contain my laughter.

That's when the man himself walked in practically stopping my heart, Rick Dalton.

"Oh god, you two. A-are you alright? H-how are ya feeling?" Rick sighed in concern as he set down a paper bag on the table and rushed over to my side.

"Gee, now I know who you'll save first if (y/n) and I are hangin' on a cliff" Cliff jokingly scoffed as Rick's eyes scanned my body. "Oh would you can it, she's a lady" Rick scoffed, turning to face me.

"I could barely sleep last night. Are you feeling any better?" Rick's look of concern didn't disappear as he looked at me as if I was the most fragile item in the entire world.

"Mhm. I'm doing okay" I smiled, holding up the okay sign with my right hand.

He patted my leg softly before turning around and walking over to Cliff's bed.

Rick went to fake punch Cliff in his face causing the two to laugh. "You took some beating buddy, jeez" Rick sighed as he eyed Cliff's bruised face.

"Considering I was fightin' a girl, I will not stand for you two saying I got beat up alright?" Cliff shook his head, annoyed.

Rick looked to me with a smirk as I put my hands up in defense.

"Oh! I brought you two something" Rick grinned, going over to the paper bag he had left on the table. He brought the bag over to Cliff as he pulled out a paper wrapped bagel and napkins. "Looks like your memory isn't completely shot. Thank you buddy" Cliff teased but eventually patted Rick on the shoulder, sincerely thanking him for the kind gesture.

"M'lady?" Rick walked over, holding the bag out to me. I pulled out the bagel, unwrapping it. A poppyseed bagel. "How did you know I liked poppyseed bagels?" I smiled, taking a bite.

"Cliff told me. He was the one who asked me to bring these anyway" Rick explained, walking over to the empty chair that sat at the head of the room.

I sighed happily, taking another bite as Cliff and Rick sparked up a new conversation. The two hadn't seen each other for more than 10 hours and they already had stories for each other like they were apart for a month.

A few hours was all that had passed before the three of us were walking out of the hospital, into the large parking lot that was displayed before our eyes.

"They only wanted to keep us for one night, I guess I'm not as important as I thought" I pretended to cry, placing a hand on Cliff's shoulder. Cliff shrugged it off with a laugh as he went ahead to where his car was parked.

"(y/n), go home with Rick why don't ya. There's barely any room in the car" Cliff lied through his teeth as Rick silently thanked him from behind my back.

"If you say so, Cliff" I shrugged, walking over to Rick's Cadillac that sat beautifully in its spot.

After thinking for a moment I turned around, calling out to Cliff. "Wait! Why don't we just take one car? Why is your car even here?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion upon realizing the situation.

"That doesn't concern you, (y/n). Your head must be hurtin' real bad- you're practically speaking gibberish!" Cliff laughed at his attempt to shut up her up before slipping into his car and peeling out.

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑: The girl was oblivious to the lengths Rick had gone through just to access the short ride home with her. He tried to ignore his memories of vigorously moving Cliff and his car to the hospital that morning just so Cliff could ride home alone.

"That's really weird.. huh" I sighed, watching as Rick slipped into the drivers seat. "It's sort of n-nice we can ride home together though. Ain't it?" Rick nervously rambled as his hands navigated to the steering wheel to pull out of the parking lot.

"Oh yeah! I've been meaning to talk to you anyway" I suddenly remembered what I was gonna talk to Rick about the previous night.

"But before I do- how was Sharon's? Did you follow my orders?" I laughed, pointing at him. He laughed and held his gaze at the road ahead. "Yeah, I went on over and told your sob story" he teased causing me to gasp.

"Sob story! What I went through was traumatic you insensitive jerk" I huffed, turning away from him as I tried not to laugh.

"Sharon was really concerned but I reassured her" Rick smiled, causing me to do the same.

"Aw ain't she the sweetest" I sighed happily at the thought of the blonde before looking out the window nervously. "I guess I'll just come right out and say what's been on my mind, Dalton"

Rick sat up straighter in his seat as he turned the car to head up to his house.