𝗕𝗢𝗡𝗨𝗦! 𝗖𝗛𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗠𝗔𝗦!

"Mommy, wake up!" The sound of my daughter's yell rang through my ears piercing through my dream of lying on a yacht, cutting it short.

   My eyes slowly opened as the small 5 year old bounced up and down on my feet. I reached my hands out for her as she fell into them, I fell back into the bed cradling her close to my chest. She yelped once she saw my eyes close again, jumping out of bed and tugging the blankets off of my body.

   "Come on mommy! It's Christmas!" Lisa whined, beginning to pull at any limb she could. I began to laugh subtly once I almost fell out of the bed.

   "Alright alright!" I laughed, rubbing my eyes and swinging my legs to hang over the bed.

   "'Merry Christmas darling" I picked her up to set her in my lap. Fixing her hair, I heard Rick groan before a pair of arms snaked around my waist.

   "What are you doing out of bed?" He groggily asked, an evident rasp still in his voice. He didn't hear Lisa stir yet, she was being awfully quiet as she sat in my arms.

   Once I smoothed down the last stray hair, I tightened her small braid and set her down. "Daddy and I will be right down! Don't open anything, you got it?" I softly ordered her as she nodded with a smile. Once she scurried out of the room to wake her brother, I turned around to face Rick.

   "Good morning, dreamboat" I smiled at the man whose eyes were halfway open, leaning over to place a kiss on his lips. We both made sour faces at each other's morning breath, laughing at the fact that it was usually apart of our routine now.

   "Let's go deal with our crazy little kids shall we?" I smiled, stretching my arms above my head as he slipped on a T-shirt. "Lets go" he grinned.

   I walked down the stairs after brushing my teeth, admiring the beautiful foyer that was displayed at the bottom. Our beautiful Christmas tree stood proudly at the corner of the room, Lisa and Paul sat at the bottom. Rick had went off into the kitchen to make coffee as I met up with the children.

   A year after Rick and I got married, he decided he wanted to leave his old home behind. We didn't move far, just somewhere more safe and secluded. We also upgraded to a two story house.

   This meant no more quick trips to see Sharon which depressed me like no other, yet it was a sacrifice to be made to ensure our children would be safe. Ever since the night of August 9th 1969, Rick and I worried for our safety as well as the kids more than anything.

   "Alright wait until daddy gets in here and then you two can start opening gifts, okay?" I softly informed the two as I picked up Paul to place a kiss on his forehead. I bobbed him up and down on my knee as I ran my fingers across his cheeks.

   "You're not like your hyper sister are you" I giggled, pinching his cheek very gently. He laughed, showing his only two teeth he had growing in. "You like to sleep just like mama" I laughed, softly tickling his stomach before Rick waltzed into the room with two cups of coffee.

   "Daddy!" The two ran up and wrapped their arms around his legs, Rick laughed as he carefully handed me the coffee mugs to ensure nothing would spill on the spotless white carpet.

   It made my heart flutter to see Rick with the kids. They loved him more than anything on this planet and boy was the feeling mutual. Watching the three interact was enough to melt anyone's heart.

   "Are you guys ready to open up some presents?" Rick laughed, wrapping his arms around both children and squeezing them tightly. After they giggled in delight, the two ran over to the wonderfully wrapped gifts in hopes to reveal what they have been wanting.