𝗧𝗘𝗡.

Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch by the four tops played lightly throughout the Cadillac as I looked anywhere but Rick's face.

"I really do think you're makin' a big mistake by being with Francesca. Or for stayin' with her rather" I explained, he listened carefully as the car was now parked in its usual spot in front of his house.

"The thing is Rick, I don't want to make you feel guilty... really I don't, but it sort of hurts that you couldn't wait six months. I thought you knew... you know" I looked down, my cheeks were probably fire truck red.

"That I knew what?" He tilted his head, I sighed as I thought to myself. Is he seriously that oblivious? Sheesh, men sometimes.

"That I'm in love with you" I sighed without hesitation, I looked up to grab a glimpse at his expression. My heart fluttered once I noticed his smile that he failed to hide.

"Are you in love? With Francesca?" I paused in between, I disliked even saying her name aloud. He let out a breathy laugh, shaking his head. "Of course not, (y/n)" he replied, in an obvious tone.

"Then why? That's really what I want to know" I sighed, eyeing his expression.

   "I don't know! I should've just- told Cliff that I loved you. He tried so hard to s-set me up with Francesca because he thought I really liked her. And my m-m-manager, he said it would be amazing for business if her and I had a public relationship" he rambled, showing his evident frustration.

   I listened carefully, beginning to feel the guilt pour onto me. "I'm real sorry. I am. I hurt you, and trust me... that's the l-last thing I'd ever wanna do" he leaned closer to my face, grabbing my arm lightly.

   "You're okay" I gave a small smile, indicating that I didn't hold anything against him. I truly forgave him, it seemed like he was confused and overwhelmed by the change in lifestyle when he went to Italy. I didn't want him feeling bad for anything, even though he did hurt me.

   "I wish I went to Italy, to be there for you. I could only imagine how stressed out you were" I nervously laughed, adjusting in the passenger seat. He groaned, as his memories came back to him. "I was beyond stressed, doll" he shook his head, running a hand through his hair.

   "But whenever I was about to go on c-camera, I thought of you. Cause you make me feel like I'm worth something. When I think of you, I feel like.. I can do anything.. I can be better than anyone, you make me feel like that" Rick smiled, rambling on.

   I listened, my mouth slightly hung open. With a wide smile on my face I pulled him in, attaching my lips onto his. He hummed in delight as our lips moved together. I placed a hand on his jaw delicately, enjoying the moment of being in his embrace.

   I pulled away, his head moved towards me longing for more. "I shouldn't have done that, you have a wife! Oh, forgive me Rick" I hid my face in embarrassment. He gently pulled my hands away from my face, holding them tightly.

   "Last night I told Francesca to go home. I paid for her flight and gave her some extra cash as an a-apology. I couldn't continue to lead her on...you know?" He looked to me as if he was searching for my approval of his decision. "I worked everything out with my lawyer and we both signed the papers, it should be finalized in a month or so. I've gotta stay in touch with my-"

   Cutting off his sentence I smiled brightly, colliding my lips with his once again.

   "I guess you're all mine, Rick Dalton"

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑: Cliff was already waiting in the house, his feet propped up on the coffee table and a cigarette hanging from his mouth. Rick swung the door open, holding his darling in his arms as the two giggled. A smile fell upon Cliff's face as he watched the two in awe.