13

Lisa's POV:

Whenever I close my eyes, all I can see was them. I can vividly recall the image of him tightly holding my wife's hand, how they looked at each other yesterday—it drives me mad. The urge to confront him, to pull my wife away, clenches at me. But then reality hits: he's the man Jennie loves, and I have no right to do that.

"Hmm... ma'am?" My gaze lifts to my secretary, who notices the pencil I'm gripping too tightly.

"Do you want me to send you the files regarding Mr. Oh, ma'am?" she asks.

"Yes, please. I'll handle it," I reply. She nods and exits. That's precisely why I've kept her as my secretary despite her competence—she understands me without needing explicit instructions.

I sighed, felt suffocated in my office, so I decided to grab some coffee nearby, opting to drive despite the short distance. As I enter the cafe, I spot Jennie at the counter.

"Jen?" I call out, noticing her nervous demeanor as she turns towards me. Please, not with him, I think to myself. Just then, someone speaks from behind me.

"Lisa, you're here too?" I closed my eyes briefly, and Jennie clearly understands why. I detest his presence, just as Jennie detests mine. Jennie steps beside me as I turn to face him.

"If only I had known you were here, I would've chosen to stay in my office," I say. feeling Jennie's grip tighten on my arm. Kai's hurt is evident as he gazes at her, perhaps because he expected her to be by his side, not mine.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have come. You know why? You've just ruined our supposed date," he says, and I chuckle at his words.

"Are you proud to be dating a married woman?" I ask bluntly, He smirks in response.

"You mean a married woman who isn't truly in love with the person she's with?" His words stung, I tensed my jaw.

"Stop it, Kai," Jennie intervenes, stepping between us. I can see the sadness in Kai's eyes—it's the second time Jennie has turned him down. I'm torn between feeling relieved and conflicted by Jennie's action.

Deciding it's best to just leave, heading towards my car, but Jennie grabs my wrist before I can get in.

"Lisa!" Her voice halts me in my tracks.

"What? As you can see, I didn't hit or even touch your boyfriend," I retort truthfully, though I had to restrain myself from doing so. She crosses her arms.

"Will you please, Lisa, control your anger, especially when you're in a public place?" she says, her tone authoritative. I scrunch my nose in frustration. This is precisely why I'm skeptical of her actions—it feels like nothing more than an illusion.

"Did you mean it?" I asked, searching her face for a genuine response. She raises her brow but remains silent.

"About what happened a while ago..." I continue, keeping my gaze fixed on her. I scoffed "Nevermind," her expression turning blank as she releases my arm.

"Jen... please, tell your boyfriend to know his limits, and I'll do the same," I say before walking away. We've never been able to have a conversation without ending up in an argument. Sometimes, I'd rather talk to our pets than to her.

***

"Lisa, let me sleep, please!" Seulgi yelps as I playfully strike her back with her pillow. Instead of returning to my office, I decided to barge here.—luckily, her door wasn't locked, so I didn't have to struggle to get in.

"Lisa, I'm gonna kill you right now!" she grogily threatens, covering her body with the blanket, but I pull it away, teasing her further.

"Wanna die?" she warned with a husky voice, but I just chuckled in response.

"Come on, Bear! It's noon already. Time to get up!" She shut her eyes again, so I took a deep breath and counted silently to three before leaping over her.

She let out a yelp of pain, prompting me to dart out of her bedroom as she got up, hot on my heels.

"Suelgiyah, let's go! Sleeping too much isn't good for you," I panted as she chased after me relentlessly. After a few minutes, I finally breathed a sigh of relief when I saw her collapse onto her couch, trying to catch her breath.

"I feel like I'm going to collapse," I wheezed, trying to catch my breath as well.

"Don't worry, I'll put you out of your misery quickly," she replied, and we both laughed.

"Why are you here, anyway?" she inquired, handing me a glass of water. I simply shrugged in response. Honestly, I didn't have a clear reason myself.

"So, what's the plan then?"

"I'm not sure, just looking to unwind," I chuckled as she raised her eyebrows and smirked.

"Ah, got it! Count me in," i said, giving me a high five before heading off to change.

"To mend a broken heart, they say alcohol does the trick,"