Unwanted Help

This is not what Scarlet looks like. Just her clothing so you had a better picture of how she travels around and her two favorite weapons. The locket around her neck is for emergency magic. More details on that later.

"Why? Why did I have to take on a job like this? Oh, wait! It's because I need money and only the well-known hunters get jobs like kill a dragon or slay the ogre." the blond-haired maiden slashed through the forest floor. Every stroke was one of anger and frustration. She didn't want to be here, but she had a job to do that only desperate hunters would take, which she was at the moment.

That stupid giant allowed her to take back the blood from her sword as proof, but those pig-headed men did the typical thing they do. They weaseled themselves out of the bet.

She made sure to preserve the blood in a bottle she had in her satchel. Walking in with a proud smirk across her face she slammed down the bottle as hard as she could without breaking it and gave the asshole who called her out the biggest and snarkiest grin she could muster along with the famous crossing of her arms over her chest. "Read it and weep. Proof. Now, where are my bags boys?"

The one that started this whole argument in the first place and seemed to be the leader of this four-man group picked up the bottle swirling it around just to make sure it was authentic. He even decided to take the cork off, flip the bottle upside down, shaking it till one measly drop of blood dripped onto his ring finger. She watched with a grossed-out face as he sniffed it, then licked it up like it was a drop of his favorite whiskey. Scarlet couldn't stop staring at him.

"Nope."

"Nope! Nope, what! That is the giant's blood! Authentic. I win the deal. Pay up!" she stabbed her knife into the table with rage.

"Exactly. It's giant's blood. I can't tell if its the giant I want's blood."

"It's a giant's blood. I slew him. I kept my end of the deal so keep yours." she knew she was lying through her teeth, but they didn't know that. Plus she should be paid for all her trouble.

The man stood up abruptly causing the chair to be pushed back. It was like the scooting of the chair was a signal to the others to join in on the party, because not even a second after he stood up the other three got closer to her body, standing up as well. Scarlet had two choices to pick from. She would take down these four show-offs, steal their money, and be on her way. (Honestly, in her head this was the easiest solution since she could take on all of them at once with no problem.) or she could take her losses and just move on.  She glared at all four men who were just prepared for her to make the first move. Two of them slipped out blades, but keep them "concealed" next to her body. The main gentleman just stood there showing off his broadened, puffed out chest trying to demonstrate how manly he was against a tiny girl, while the last one just kind of stood the furthest away but had a glare in his eye that said it all. " You say the word boss and I will hold her."

Scarlet begrudgingly pulled her knife free of the table and immediately placed it back in its holder on her ankle. She wasn't going to startle up a bar fight over some gold...well a lot of gold, but in the long run, it wasn't worth it at all. As long as she didn't have to serve these bastards she could leave with her dignity intact.

After that event, she was out of money and still had that dumb reputation of a female hunter. In these trying times, any female had to pry and scrounge around for any type of reputation or respect. Forget having a normal life just because you were born with the wrong chromosome. With Scarlet going into a male-dominated profession she had to uphold her dignity the best she could. If only she could slay that one monster. The one that would give her a nickname to last the ages like Scarlet the giant slayer. Scarlet the rogue killer. Honestly anything...but at this point in her life, it was the female huntress who thinks she is a killer. If only she could have slain Ferris.