Bittersweet End

Ink dealt the final blow, blood splattering onto his face as he stared down at the mangled corpse of the lesser king for half a second before he quickly runs to Cross who was choking on his own blood due to the shock collar. The ex artist had to try a few times before he pried the collar off and the smaller skeleton slumped, coughing quietly a few times as his eye lights dimmed.

"Cross!" Ink cried out. "Don't leave me!" A few tears escaped as he watched Cross start breathing slower and slower, Dream unlocking the cuffs.

"I...nk..."
Cross passes out in Ink's arms and the ex artist could feel the dust between his fingers and the water works came undone and turned into a watery mess as he screamed.

"CROSS!!"

---

4 months later

Nightmare was curled into Dream's side, Dream's head on his chest and listening to the Soul pulse gently in ease.

Dream found comfort in Nightmare's presence, feeling the little soullings through the family bond the four of them shared. The prince was gently running a hand across the king's skill in a petting motion. It was a silent moment for them.

"Nightmare?"
"Hm?"

Amethyst eyes look down as piercing gold looked up and locked.

"I've been thinking for a while...you're 4 months along now and in two months our little ones will be born..." Dream trailed off, causing Nightmare to look more curious. "What is it, Dream?"

"Well...we've been dating for about 5 months now and...I want to make you my queen."

Nightmare blushed horribly at this and smiles as tears stung his eyes. Dream looked hopeful as he sat up and took Nightmare's hands in his, holding them gently. "Y...yes...I accept."

The king looked so incredibly happy as he pulled out a ring from his pocket, the same one he has imagined on Nightmare's hand for months, the same one that store clerk lady gave to him for free. As Dream gently slid it onto Nightmare's finger he had a thought, I'll have to invite her personally to the wedding as a thank you.

They both shared a loving and passionate kiss to seal it, Dream pulling his younger brother closer using his wings and the smaller let out a pleased purr at the action.

---

Ink was holding flowers as he walked up the hill, using his free hand to smooth down the front of his shirt. Atop the hill was a stone and he kneels by it, placing the flowers down in front of it, lips quivering slightly.

"Hey there..." Ink started, choking on his words slightly before he clears his throat and continuing. "I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while. Wedding preparations and what not have kept me pretty busy..." There was a brief pause as Ink took a moment to collect himself and looks to the sky with a quiet chuckle. "I know, me, doing work. But...it's a special occasion. Your adopted brother is getting married to the love of his life."

The normally emotionless skeleton's breath hitched as he looked down at the stone.

"Error and Blue have crushes on each other, but I don't think they'll confess any time soon." Ink attempted to joke, a gentle breeze blew by and it felt like a gentle kiss. Ink nearly choked on his breath as he gripped his pants tightly.

"They miss you, you know...I miss you too. Remember when we first met?" Ink smiled slightly. "It was...different. You were the first one who I opened up to."

"I think...I've always known that I've liked you." Ink whispers. "A-anyway, I need to get going. I'll come back tonight after I'm done with the final wedding preparations. I promise."

As Ink stood up, he could have sworn he felt phantom arms around him and he let out a quiet sob, one hand covering his eyes while his other wraps around his stomach.

The phantom hug slowly disappears and Ink leaves, missing the phantom image of the one he was talking to.

"Goodbye Ink..."

"I love you too...."