Chapter Ten

Dinner Date Mishap

The vibe was very cool and chill in the restaurant. There were not many people in the restaurant and the two persons sat right at the corner of the restaurant. People can't stop smiling and talking about them being together alone in the restaurant because they were looking good together. Boys' and girls' internal fujoshi were screaming to both of them.

They were at a Southern Spicy Restaurant, a place for a spicy freak and seafood lover. Also, this is the first time in years that they went for a dinner date together. Mew could not be happier tonight and was smiling all night even though a small part of his heart was black and sorrowful, knowing Gulf still wouldn't accept him as a friend again, or maybe Gulf felt the same way too? Who knows...

"This place is good. I like it..." said Mew to break the silence between them. They had been silent since they had left their condominium complex. Not to mention that they met Leo earlier.

When Mew reached for a curry-style soup, he tasted it and hissed in reaction to the spiciness

When Mew reached for a curry-style soup, he tasted it and hissed in reaction to the spiciness. Mew winced and quickly sip down his drink. Gulf was worried but won't show it on his face. Shit, my tongue is burning!

"Why did you agree to come here when you know you can't handle spicy. Fucking stupid" uttered Gulf coldly, but deep down in his heart, he doesn't want Mew to suffer. Gulf quickly got up.

"But you like s-spicy *cough" Mew choked.

"Let's move to another restaurant!" said Gulf but Mew was fast to stop him.

"No need, this is not that spicy. Never mind, I will order something else that is less spicy" lied Mew.

"Liar. If that was not spicy, you wouldn't choke yourself like you are about to leave this world" Gulf replied while frowning at that person in front of him. Mew wiped his lips.

"And why do you even care about me? Or you do actually care about me.." said Mew teasingly while pointing his fork toward Gulf's cold and annoyed face.

"Shut the fuck up and just fucking eat" cursed Gulf and sighed while on his way to taste the Tomyam soup. The taste was great and the spiciness was very on point, according to Gulf's taste bud. As he sipped down the spicy soup...

"Err... Gulf" simpered Mew. Gulf just stared at the person with his blank cold expression without uttering any word.

"thank you..."

"for what?"

"you know... Leo just now.." uttered Mew in his baritone and slightly weak at the point when he uttered 'Leo'. Gulf just glanced at Mew for long before he nodded and slowly closed the hood of his eyes once to the person. Gulf wasn't very expressive so he rather stayed quiet. The silence dominates again but not long after Mew...

"and we never had an actual proper conversation. Since we are here; together, why not talk. Let me start. How are you?" asked Mew, wanting a proper conversation with Gulf and he was planning to talk further with Gulf about their ruined friendship. It was a good start from Mew.