Chapter Eleven

Dreamland

The sound of birds chirping faintly met Mew's eardrum. It was kinda odd to hear those sounds when they were in a ward, and Gulf's bed was far away from the window. Mew woke up in confusion. His morning vision was still blurry, so he rubbed his eyes gently until he regained his vision.

Once his sight was fully recovered, he was surprised to see only a white view surrounding him, he turned around and it was still the same view. The white dusty and cloudy was appeared to be some kind of fog or smoke. It was very shiny with a little bit of glitz.

"What is this? Where I am? Where is Gulf?" muttered Mew confusedly. Losing himself somewhere confusedly was the last thing Mew ever wanted. He scratched his non-itching head and walked forward without knowing actually where he walked in the dusty fog. Is this heaven? I am not dead yet. Did I do something last night?

Suddenly, the dusty fog began to sparkle more and the more he walked, it began to disappear. The fog vanished sparkly like a magic-making Mew awed in amusement. Holy shit, I've only seen this in movies.

Then, a flash of view began to appear in front of him as if was like someone was painting the world from above. One by one, each color of the world appeared, forming the skies, lands, trees, and living creatures. Seconds went by, Mew was entering a timeless world and it was all fine and lovely. The view was sparkly and dreamy like what he saw right now was a real-life filter.

There was a blossomed arbor in front of his way

There was a blossomed arbor in front of his way. Two tiny flying living creatures were flying against each other. These beautiful butterflies seem like they were playing with each other, or maybe they are mates, soulmates to be specific.

But these butterflies are extraordinary ones. They left trails of faint sparkle when they flapped their wings and every time they got closer, their trails were even more shiny and sparkly. I swear to God I've never seen such a thing in my life...

Mew was amazed by what he just saw as he could not utter any words, leaving his mouth parted in amusement. Then, he walked through the garden arch, and somehow, the trails lead him to an open backyard. Not far from where he stood, there were two boys in the age of 15-16 years old approximately, those teens were playing. Mew narrowed his eyes to get better recognition of their faces.

As Mew gets closer, Mew widened his eyes at those two and was shocked to see who were they. One boy was playing football and another one was standing not far away from the other boy. They seem like they were wearing school uniforms, but untucked, maybe it was after school time.

Wait a damn minute, is that me and Gulf?

Oh my God! It's me and Gulf!

Mew slowly ran toward younger Mew as his younger self ran toward him too. He tried to catch his younger self but he can't as younger Mew ran through the latter body like he didn't even exist right there. Mew was breathless and speechless. I can't even touch him...