Chapter Aoyama

A/n I didn't think I'd have to say this, but keep ship wars out of the comments. Be respectful of people's ships and don't argue.

After the incident at USJ, the pupils at UA high were watched with a close eye, but after the school got attacked at a secluded camp, they were never let out of sight. This didn't stop the students getting involved with things that probably should be left to pros. Especially for Izuku Midoriya.

One of these incidents just so happened to be while him and Shoto Todoroki were walking back to the dorms after grabbing some soba.

There wasn't much time to react, but enough to get a civilian out of the way of the blast. On the other hand, there wasn't enough time to get themselves out of the way. The pair were hit by a blinding beam of light; they would have been knocked out cold if it weren't for Todoroki's fire.

The sensation after being hit with the beam was astounding, like they were being burned from the inside out, yet somehow as cold as ice. By the time it was over, Midoriya was shuddering uncontrollably.

They were crouched in the center of a dark throne room, adorned with red and black curtains. The throne was occupied by a stern looking man with high cheekbones and a long beard.

Is this what you always feel like, Todoroki? Midoriya thought, adjusting back to normal.

"Where are we?" Izuku began to ask, but was interrupted by the man sat at the throne.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my Palace?" Instinctively, the pair got into their fighting stances, Midoriya crackling with lightning. The man's eyes widened before he whispered something, barely audible. "Firebenders."

Todoroki glanced at Midoriya as if to ask what was happening. They were both the most confused they had ever been in their life.

"How are you firebending?" he practically shouted at them.

They both guessed from his tone that this guy was no good for anyone, despite obviously being in a position of higher power. Todoroki had an off feeling about him, like he was familiar somehow.

"Izuku," he whispered, stealing a glance the other way, "run."

Without any time to think, Midoriya picked Todoroki up and sprinted down the long halls, all of them decorated similar to the throne room.

The pair nearly ran into a boy, similar age to them, passing around a corner. They stared at each other for a second before fleeing in opposite directions.

(A/n imagine the spiderman meme)

With the help of a few helpful guards, they managed to escape the building, which appeared to be a Palace of some sort. They emerged from a side door, spotting the person they had ran into seemingly moments earlier.

"Hey!" Midoriya called in an overly excited fashion.

"Hi? Who are you?" he replied. He was a little scrawny, about half a foot shorter than Todoroki. On the other hand, they both shared a scar of some sort over their left eyes and a relatively neutral, confused expression.

"I'm-" he paused for a second, wondering whether or not to use his hero name. Judging by their surroundings and everything they knew, this was a different world; he'd use his real name. "I'm Midoriya. This is Todoroki."

"Who are you?" the third party seemed slightly offended at the question, as if it were obvious.

"I'm Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation. Or I was until five minutes ago. I just turned my back on my father completely." he faced the other way for a second. "Do you want to come with me?"

Midoriya didn't give any time to let Todoroki say anything before responding. "Sure!"

The now trio managed to steal a war balloon, and started heading west.

While Zuko fueled the balloon into the air, Midoriya sat in the corner, asking questions rapid fire and noting everything down.

"What's your quirk?"

"Quirk?"

"You don't have quirks?" he asked, puzzled. The Prince shook his head no. "A quirk is like a superpower. I'd show you mine but there isn't room."

Without needing to be asked, Todoroki displayed his, coating his right hand in ice before melting it with his left.

"Oh, like bending. I'm a fire bender, but there are earth benders and water benders." he resumed his position fueling the balloon. Midoriya guessed he was hiding something from them, but he couldn't figure out just what.

"What about air?" Todoroki spoke up, "If there's fire, water and earth, shouldn't there be air?"

"Theres only one airbender. The Fire Nation wiped them out 100 years ago. The last airbender is the avatar. That's who we're looking for." Zuko replied bluntly. He wasn't in the mood to explain world history to some aliens.

A/n

What do yall think of this so far? I'll try to update regularly but I have a tendency to write 100 chapters and then disappear for months, but I'm stuck inside until September so I have time. Just a question, should I include any ships or not? (edit: this has not happened lmao)