Chapter Awase

(A/n I've run out of 1a students for chapter titles so I'm using 1b)

"It's weird to say, but it's actually really beautiful." Suki said, watching the comet souring overhead.

"Too bad the Firelord is going to try and use it to destroy the Earth Kingdom." Toph was leaning over the side of the eal hound's saddle as she said this.

"You look incredibly calm considering you live in the Earth Kingdom." Kirishima pointed out.

The eal hound arrived at the shore when the airships began to take off.

"We're too late!" Sokka realised.

"No we're not. Where's the nearest airship?" Toph asked once she was off the eal hound. She didn't wait for an answer before launching her, Suki and Sokka into the air with earthbending.

Kirishima held onto Bakugo as he took off. They would take control of two airships and take them off-course.

They landed onto the vessel with a thud, then proceeding to find the control room.

Bakugo exploded the door before Kirishima used his hardening to 'accidentally' knock them out of the window. He watched them fall as Bakugo took control.

Despite never having worked an airship before, he managed to pick the controls up easily.

"What should we do about the rest of the crew?" Kirishima asked.

"The bottom of the ship opens up, right? Find a way to get them to the bomb bay." Bakugo ordered, steering the ship to the right.

The other took the ship's speaker and spoke into it.

"This is your captain speaking, there has been a security breach, please evacuate to the bomb bay immediately."

"You think that'll work?" Bakugo asked with one eyebrow raised.

Kirishima laughed before helping to steer the ship. After a few minutes, he opened the bomb bay, dropping the entire crew into the water, joining the members of the other airship - Sokka must have had the same idea.

"I'll go down to the engine room to fuel the ship. You head straight for Shitlord."

"Got it!" Kirishima turned the accelerater up and headed towards the airship that Ozai was standing on. It was very obviously of high importance, being golden, much larger and leading the rest of the ships.

He could see the Firelord's hand ignite as the comet reached its peak. A powerful current of fire headed for the ground, looking like a waterfall of flames.

He watched in horror as the ground ignited, and he was unable to do anything in the airship.

Suddenly, he noticed some figures standing on top of a large rock.

"Aang and Midoriya!" he realised as he got closer. He could see his friends mop of green hair from this distance and Aang's vibrant robes stood out.

The other airships aside from his and Sokka's sent identicle blasts, completely disintegrating the land below.

He took the ship speaker once more to give Bakugo a message.

"Katsuki, take down as much of the fleet as you can. I'll get Toph, Sokka and Suki out of here."

Bakugo grinned from his place in the engine room. He had been waiting for his chance to obliterate something since he arrived.

Luckily for them, the heat of the comet and the fleet's fire made for buckets of sweat, and plenty of fuel for him to use.

It didn't take long for him to find an exit in the ship, which he jumped out of. He let himself fall for a while before stabilising his position in the air.

He was both glad and a little disappointed that Aang had showed up, since he wanted to take down the Firelord himself, but this way would be more efficient.

Once he made contact with one of the ships, he ignited his sweat, puncturing a significant hole into the side. At the very least it would throw off steering, if not bring the whole ship down.

He could see Toph and Sokka on top of a vessel in the middle of the commotion, Toph bending the rudder of the ship to throw it off and slam into other ships. Bakugo landed next to them.

"Where's Suki?" Sokka pointed to the ship next to them, where they could clearly see Suki clinging on with all her strength. "I'll get her. You find Kirishima, he should be the only undamaged ship by the time I'm done with them."

Once again, he took off, using his explosions like engines. Suki was let onto his back, and as he flew her back to Kirishima, he blasted the ship that she had previously been stuck on.

It came crashing down mercilessly - if anyone survived the fall, he would be surprised.

The second he dropped her off to safety, he wiped his brow to gather more sweat on his palms before returning to the active ships.

He landed on a platform to catch his breath for a moment when two Fire Nation soldiers appeared, ready to kill.

"If course things don't go fucking smoothly." he panted. Usually, he'd just attack them, however he'd used up a lot of his energy. Flying takes more effort than he'd like, so he was plain exhausted.

But this was the final undamaged enemy airship, and he was going to destroy it for all it took.

With the last of his energy, he set off one final explosion, completely obliterating the vessel, knocking him unconscious.

Everyone watched as he fell towards the ground, limp and motionless, knowing that there was nothing they could do.

At the last moment, as if materialising from no where, Midoriya leaped forwards to catch his childhood friend from unquestionable death.

With Bakugo still in his arms, he made his way to the cliffside, away from harm.

He lay the other down, kneeling beside him.

"Kacchan?" he asked, not expecting an answer in his state. He carefully checked for a pulse in his neck; thankfully, it was beating at Bakugo's unnaturally fast pace still.

Feebly, he opened his eyes just a little.

"Damn... Deku... Where the hell... Were you?" he managed to get out, to the excitement of Midoriya.

"Thank fuck you're still okay... ish." relieved, he let go of all his breath at once, relaxing for the first time in what felt like hours.

A/n

Me? Write parallels between the beginning and end of the fic? More likely than you think.

This isn't the very end, but its getting close (the realisation that this was the 21st chapter hit me today and I was low key amazed that I've written all this in less than a month lmao)