Chapter Hagukure

"Hi." Todoroki approached Zuko, who was sitting on a rock outside of Katara's tent. "What are you doing?"

He takes a seat next to the other.

"I'm waiting for Katara to wake up. I have some information that I think she'll like." Zuko replied.

It was an ungodly hour, but they were both wide awake. They sat in silence for practically the rest of the night until Katara left her tent.

"You look terrible." she said almost immediately after seeing Zuko.

"I waited out here all night." he replied.

"What do you want?" she combed through her hair impatiently.

"I know who killed your mother. And I'm going to help you find him." Todoroki's eyes widened as he heard this. He stayed silent until Katara had left before confronting Zuko.

"That's what this is about? I haven't exactly had the best familial life myself, but this is-"

"Something that has to be done." Zuko finished his sentence. "If nothing else, it'll help her trust me more."

"Let me come with you." both Todoroki and Zuko were surprised at what he'd said. Saying nothing else, he turned and walked back to his own tent.

Due to the limited supplies, everyone had to share a tent with at least one other person - except Sokka for some reason. Todoroki ended up in a tent with Midoriya, even though he barely used it.

"Shoto, you really should get more sleep. Having such an irregular sleep pattern can't be healthy." Midoriya said as he walked into the tent. He had obviously realised that Todoroki hadn't been there all night.

"Izuku, do you remember when Iida went after Stain?" he looked up at the other and nodded. "Katara wants to find her mother's killer."

The look on Midoriya's face dropped as he heard this.

"I'm going to go with her and Zuko."

~~~~~

"Katara, I don't like this." Aang and Sokka were pleading with them not to go.

"I knew you wouldn't understand." Katara said, tieing her hair back.

"No, I do. That's why I don't want you to do this!"

"She needs this, Aang." Zuko said. They were packing supplies onto Appa for their journey. They expected to take at least a day.

"What about you?" Aang turned to Todoroki. "What do you think?"

"I've experienced first hand impacts of trying to get revenge. Let us go, I'm sure Katara will choose whatever is right in the end." he answered. He wasn't going to give an in depth explanation if he had to.

"You're going too?" Sokka practically shouted.

"Yes."

The rest of the time spent at camp was just Aang and Sokka begging the three not to go. Kirishima, Bakugo and Toph stayed out of it, probably because they were already asleep, even though it was only 9pm.

Katara was the one to steer Appa. She was fully prepared to stay awake for the entire journey, but Zuko made her go to sleep for a little while - "You'll need your strength."

They started at the Fire Navy Communications Tower. They would be able to find out where the Southern Raiders were located. From there, they'd find the captain.

They managed to get through the ventilation system of the tower relatively easy, but the plans room was occupied. Katara bent some ink onto a map of the Southern Water Tribe, just enough for the woman sitting at the desk to leave to get a new map.