Chapter Kendo

The gang was sat in a hut in the Southern Water Tribe with mugs of hot chocolate keeping them warm.

"Your home is beautiful." Todoroki said to Katara and Sokka, sipping his drink.

"Thanks. You should see the Northern Water Tribe though." Katara replied.

"I should, shouldn't I?" Toph said sarcastically, earning a laugh from the rest of them.

"Do you ever wonder what we'd be doing if we were at home?" Kirishima asked, moving closer to Bakugo (he was one of the few who didn't have to wear a big coat in the South Pole temperature, and he and Toph were taking full advantage of that).

"Well its 2pm on a Tuesday, so we'd probably be in English right now." Todoroki answered.

"We haven't been to school in a month." Midoriya realised, taking a sip of his hot chocolate. "We're going to be so behind."

"Maybe you will be. I won't." Bakugo said obnoxiously as usual.

"We haven't seen any of our other friends in a month." Kirishima sounded sad as he said this.

"Bummer, much?" Toph commented, gaining a flick on the forehead from Bakugo.

"I think it's time that you guys went home." Aang said. "We love you guys, and we love having you around, but I can tell that you want to go back."

Katara nodded before adding on.

"Aang is right. Since the comet, there hasn't been anything else to concentrate on, and you guys seem really down. I think it's because you keep thinking of home."

Midoriya, Todoroki, Bakugo and Kirishima looked at each other. They all knew that Katara and Aang were correct, but truthfully, they didn't fully want to leave either.

They had made a life for themselves here, despite longing to go home.

"I agree." Todoroki said.

"One more day?" Midoriya asked the others. They nodded. Tomorrow, they would go home.

~~~~~

The heroes stood in a line, waiting for Midoriya to finish saying goodbye to the others.

"This is it. Are you ready?" Aang said when they were all in place.

Midoriya took a deep breath, focusing all his energy on getting home. He could feel his feet tingling, like they were already leaving the rest of his body. The sensation travelled up his legs, capturing more and more of him.

The feeling advanced through Todoroki and Kirishima, and lastly, Bakugo. They saw the gang slowly fade out of vision, and the familiar sight of the UA dorms replace them.

"We're back!" Midoriya exclaimed. "We're actually back!"

"C'mon, lets go find the rest of class!" Kirishima called, dragging Bakugo along to meet the rest of their friends.

They eventually found them outside, at Ground Beta training. By request of Bakugo, they entered with flair, sneaking to the back of the facility before taking down a practice robot that was about to attack Kaminari.

"Surprise bitch." he said, looking his friend dead in the eyes.

"You're back!" Kaminari cried, rushing up to them to give them all a hug. From there, he abandoned the training exercise to drag them to Aizawa, who looked at them and sighed.

"Guess my time of relative silence is up."

"Hello to you too." Bakugo said, just loud enough for the teacher to hear (needless to say, if looks could kill, he'd be dead).

Aizawa stopped the exercise for the rest of the class, who emerged from the area confused, until they saw their missing classmates.

Midoriya, Todoroki, Kirishima and even Bakugo were overwhelmed by everyone welcoming them back. They were told they could have the rest of the period off to catch up with their friends, but they'd have an extra lesson after school to get back on track.

By lunch, Midoriya and Todoroki were sat at the table with Uraraka, Iida and Tsuyu.

Todoroki was showing them some photos he took with the gang - somehow his battery life had lasted a month on 20%.

"Sounds like you guys had fun!" Uraraka said. She was extremely glad to get her friends back, the class was just too different without them.

Midoriya nodded vigorously. "We did!"

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted All Might standing in the corner of the cafeteria. He knew this meant he had to go speak to him; they hadn't spoken since the lion turtle.

"I need to go. I'll see you 5th." he said, standing up to leave.

Once he found All Might, he was greeted with a warm hug.

"Young Midoriya, I've been worried sick. Still nothing compared to your mother, though."

Midoriya couldn't help but let out a tear or two.

"I'm glad to be back."