Chapter Ashido

A/n above is the cover art. It's literally just traced official artwork, but it took me longer than I care to admit.

Aang was really getting under Katara's skin with his antics. She understood that he was happy to be back in the air temples, and the weight of losing the invasion was crushing them all, but this was stupid.

"We need to discuss what we're going to do next, and since you're the Avatar, I thought you might want a say in the matter." she told him.

"What's the plan?"

"If you ask me, the new plan, is the old plan!" Sokka replied excitedly, waving his arms around. "You just need to master all four elements and confront the Firelord before the comet arrives."

Aang sulked. "Where am I going to find a fire bending teacher? This is impossible."

"We could look for Jeong Jeong?" Katara suggested.

"Yeah right. Like we'll ever run into Jeong Jeong again."

"Who's- oh nevermind. If it's important, I'll find out." Toph said from atop her rock.

Aang flew off as Sokka said, "Who can teach him firebending?"

(A/n I know this isn't the actual conversation, but it's close enough, I can't be bothered to get the actual script)

~~~~~

"Hi, Zuko here" the Prince said to a badgerfrog, rehearsing his speach to the gang. "I've come to teach the Avatar firebending."

"What are you hoping to achieve by practicing?" Todoroki said from a nearby boulder.

The grass around Zuko started to dry up as he got angry.

"Todoroki, that's not nice-" Midoriya started to say, but was cut off.

"No, he's right, I'm accomplishing nothing. What would Uncle do?" he started to mumble something about finding yourself.

Midoriya returned to analysing the world around him, taking plenty of mental notes. He would usually write things like this down but he didn't have his notebook in his costume. He had a pen for some reason, but no notebook.

"I can't get any signal and my phone is nearly dead. How are we gonna get back home?" Todoroki complained, freezing his rock.

"Of course there's no signal. We're in a different world, and even if we weren't, I've been tracking the technological advancement compared to our world. This would be roughly the 1850's." Midoriya explained like a nerd.

"Oh."

"The sun will go down soon. We should head for the temple." Zuko said, standing up.

~~~~~

"C'mon! I need to show you the giant Pai Sho table!" Aang pulled Katara along before being stopped.

"I think that'll have to wait." she pointed to behind Appa. There stood Zuko and two mysterious strangers.

"Hello, Zuko here." he said, trying to sound as friendly and non-threatening as possible.

The gang all took up fighting stances, ready to attack.

"What do you want Zuko? Who are these, your royal escorts?" Katara asked harshly.

"I'm here to teach the Avatar firebending." Toph could feel him shaking. At first she thought he was lying, but she realised that he was just really nervous.

"I don't know about this." Aang said, looking down.

"Well if you won't take me as a teacher, take me as a prisoner." Zuko knelt down and offered his wrists.

"No!" Katara shot a stream of water at him, soaking him from head to toe. "I was the first one to trust you!"

"Huh?" she sent another stream his way.

"Back in Ba Sing Se! And you betrayed us! How can we trust you after everything you've done?"

"Zuko, I think we should leave." one of the strangers said, helping him up.

"You'd better leave!" Katara yelled after them.

Once they were completely out of earshot, Sokka spoke up.

"Was that not a little mean?"

"What do you mean? He deserves everything I said to him." she was clearly seething with anger. "Back at Ba Sing Se... He started talking about his mother... Making him seem like the victim. I felt sorry for him, and then he turned and took glory out of Aang's death. I'll never trust him after that."

"I wonder who those two boys were." Toph changed the topic quickly. She knew that Zuko was genuine. And she knew that they needed a firebender.

"They didn't look like they were from around here. Or anywhere. Did you see the taller ones hair?" Aang said. "I wonder if either of them are firebenders."