spiderhead

harry.

"Your music fucking sucks, you know that right?" Harry told Lux as he snatched his phone away from him, trying to change the shitty rap song he was playing. He changed the music but Cal didn't really mind, Harry mostly listened to popular indie songs that they all enjoyed.

His costume was ready so he was just laying on top of Lux's bed, trying to annoy the shit out of everyone. He had gone as a ghost in the end so he was just wearing sheets and there was a mask in his hand, just the typical one from Scream.

Everyone else was still dressing up and adding details but Simon was clearly struggling with his clown makeup so Harry went up to him. "Do you need any help?"

Simon just stared at the white facepaint and sighed. "Yeah, maybe I do."

Harry told him to sit in a chair and he began painting the other boy's entire face in white while humming to Spiderhead by Cage The Elephant. Simon was with his eyes closed and didn't seem tense at all, something that was becoming more frequent. He had changed so much in the span of the last two months and Harry was extremely impressed by it.

"spiders in my head, spiders in my mind, you may take my eyes, but baby I'm not blind" Harry was singing softly now but he didn't mind, no one except for Simon could hear him anyway. It was extremely relaxing to paint his face and he was enjoying it. He was now painting Simon's face with a shade of bright blue, trying to create a creepy clown smile but it wasn't working, he was getting too distracted by his lips.

Harry shook himself from his thoughts and distanced himself a bit from the boy and tried to turn him into a clown. He finished and took a step back, admiring his work of art. "Do you like it?"

Simon stood up and went to the bathroom to properly see his face in the mirror. "Oh this is fucking awesome — I just need a red nose and a wig and I'm set, thank you so much"

Harry smiled and went back to bullying the rest of the boys. After what felt like two hours but was only around 20 minutes, Vik finished adding fake blood to his vampire costume and the Cals stuck on fake moustaches to represent Mario and Luigi.

When they got to Will's, the party was in full swing and the host was nowhere to be seen. Luckily, Harry found James almost instantly but when he turned around to say something to Simon, the lanky boy had somehow managed to get lost in the crowd.

Before he could even try to go find him, James had handed him a drink and was pulling him over to meet some other people. Harry managed to have the most awkward conversation ever and managed to escape after what seemed like an eternity.

He wasn't free from everything though, Stephen and Freezy dragged him over to dance and he didn't have a reason to say no, so he just went along with it. Harry danced for what seemed was hours and was tipsy at the point he managed to free himself from his dumb friends who were now trying to find him a girlfriend, for whatever reason.

He looked around the entire house and only ran into Will, who was throwing sweets and later on, Alex and George. The two of them were making out on the couch and probably fucking wasted, the goddamn lightweights. Although he was the same age as them, Harry had the urge to smack them in the head and tell them that they shouldn't be getting drunk that young.

Harry somehow managed to get to a balcony on the second floor and was surprised to see Simon already sitting there on the ground, legs crossed and shivering. His clown costume was too thin for the cold England weather, it was midnight and the little warmth that the sun gave them was long gone.

"Huh, it got too overbearing for you too?" Simon asked him when he sat down next to him. Harry just nodded and threw him his hoodie, he could see that Simon's lips were most definitely blue under the clown makeup, for his teeth were chattering. "Why are you giving me this?"

"Fucking twat, you're freezing, I'm not, so just put the goddamn thing on before you die of hypothermia or something."

Simon laughed at him trying to be intimidating, he just wasn't scary but he put the hoodie on anyway. The conversation had died as quickly as it had begun but they didn't mind, the silence between them was comfortable enough.

The music was extremely loud but Harry still felt like it was far away, his brain had chosen to ignore the party that was going on inside the house. Instead, he was much more focused on the few stars he managed to see, the rest were hidden due to light pollution.

He had started laying his head softly on Simon's shoulder but now he was on top of his chest and his steady heartbeat was a relaxing sound. He gazed up to see Simon smiling down to him and maybe their faces were too close for his liking.

Harry wasn't drunk yet, only tipsy, but maybe the alcohol gave him a little bit more of courage because there was no way he would've done what he did. He overthought everything and in sometimes it was a curse, which is why he was glad that he had managed to have a few drinks.

Maybe it was the drinks, maybe it was his dumb heart, maybe it was the way Simon's eyes were on him, but suddenly Harry leaned closer. Simon's lips were incredibly soft and tasted like cheap alcohol and skittles. The music was faint in the background, the only thing that mattered to him was that Simon was kissing him back, he couldn't care less about his surroundings.

author's note: friendly reminder to not!!! drink!!! when you're underage!!!

also, what do you think about this chapter??