Part 6 - "I don't think I've ever stopped."

Part 6:

It's been five days since Nick yelled at Miley. Miley refused to even look his way and Nick's ego got the best of him – he stopped trying to apologize once he realized Miley wasn't going to listen to him. In his defense, she did tell him to leave her alone, so that's exactly what he did.

Demi and Joe were getting tired of the tension in the house. They started to hatch an intervention for the two of them. Nick and Miley didn't need to like each other, but Demi and Joe would not allow them to come between the events for the wedding and ruin it for them.

"Okay babe, we have to do it now! They're both home for the first time in a long time," Demi said to Joe. "We have to get them to talk it out."

"I'll go upstairs and tell Nick I need his help moving some stuff and you go tell Miley to come inside." Joe and Demi nodded at each other and went their separate ways, eager to initiate the plan of trapping the exes together.

Demi headed outside to get Miley, who had been sunbathing all morning. "Hey, Mi!" Demi squealed as she walked over to her best friend. Miley turned toward her and smiled. "Damn girl! You look good!"

Miley laughed at Demi and looked down at herself. The sun had kissed her skin, giving her a perfect pre-summer glow. Not only that, but she'd recently picked up running, and you could tell by her toned stomach. "Thanks, Dem. What are you up to?"

"Well actually, I need some help inside. It's, uh... something... for the wedding!" Demi quickly reached for Miley's arm to drag her inside before Miley could argue. Miley stumbled to her feet and followed Demi inside, not having time to grab her shorts and shirt nearby.

Once the girls got inside, Joe was coming downstairs. Joe gave Demi a thumbs up and mumbled quietly, "He'll be down in two minutes." Demi nodded towards Joe and brought Miley into the living room. "Woah, Miles! Did you forget to put on clothes this morning?"

"Hey! Blame your fiancée, she's the one who dragged me inside because something seems to be soooooo important."

At the end of her sentence, the doorbell rang. Joe and Demi looked at each other, silently asking if they were expecting anyone. They both shrugged and Demi headed over to answer the door. She opened the door and was met with a familiar face. Her eyes widened in shock, but a small smile crept up on her face.

"Liam! What are you doing here?" Demi pulled the tall blonde into a hug.

"Well, I heard that a little Miss Miley was in town and I couldn't help but come see her for myself," Liam answered, his Australian accent still heavily present, even though he moved to the United States over 10 years ago.

At the sound of his voice, a confused Miley walked over to the door. She saw no one other than her ex-boyfriend. Miley had met Liam very shortly after her move to Nashville. Liam was raised in Australia but moved to Nashville, Tennessee to attend Vanderbilt University. He had graduated college a couple years before Miley and bought a house in Los Angeles, but continued to spend time in both Nashville and LA. He met Miley when he was spending time at his Nashville home.

Much like Olivia was to Nick, Liam was the first person that Miley took interest in after the breakup. However, the difference being that Miley's interest was quickly after the breakup, while Nick took years before he was ready to date again.

Liam was older and more mature than Nick. Nick had left Miley to tour the United States, but all Liam wanted to do was settle down. After being left in the dust, all Miley wanted was a man who would stay, and Liam was that man for her.

After seven months of dating, Liam had proposed to Miley... and she had said yes. She was ecstatic, calling Demi immediately to tell her. Demi was skeptical at first, she had never met Liam, and him and Miley had only been dating for a few months. Demi told Miley about her concerns, but Miley convinced Demi to come down and meet Liam herself. When Demi met Liam for the first time, she was pleasantly surprised. The couple really did seem to love each other, and therefore, gained the support of Miley's best friend. Demi started to know Liam the more she went down to visit Miley, and now considered him a friend of hers.