Part 7 - "The pleasure is all yours."

Part 7:

Miley woke up the next morning slightly shocked at her surroundings before she remembered why she was in Nick's room. She felt his arm around her body, holding her close to his chest. She could hear his soft snore behind her. She gently lifted his arm off of her and snuck out of the bed. She turned back and smiled at Nick sleeping peacefully. Ever so quietly, she slipped out of his room and closed the door. She didn't hear the raspy voice of a sleepy Nick awake from his slumber and mutter a soft, "Mi?"

Miley headed down the stairs, hoping that Demi was awake because she needed to talk to her. "Well good morning Mil—is that Nick's shirt?" Demi stared at her best friend in front of her with a confused expression. "And... you have no pants on?" Demi's eyes widened. "Oh my god..."

"No!" Before Demi could state fully what she thought happened, Miley had cut her off. "Nothing happened! I got home from my date with Liam yesterday and Nick was alone and drunk and depressed in the living room... he asked me to stay with him and I did. Nothing happened! It was innocent."

"Nothing is innocent when it comes to you two," Miley heard Joe's voice as he walked in the kitchen and kissed Demi on the cheek.

Miley glared at Joe. "Shut up," she seethed through her teeth. "Demi, I really need to talk to you about Liam." Miley took down at her hands and twiddled her thumbs.

"Go for it!"

"Demi, he still has the ring; he told me he couldn't get rid of it and he was basically waiting for me... he wants to try again." Demi's eyes widened and nodded her head toward Joe, signaling that he didn't know anything about Miley's engagement.

Miley went to try and save her story before Joe's voice boomed through the kitchen. "YOU WERE ENGAGED TO LIAM?"

Miley ran over to Joe and put her hand over his mouth, cursing under her breath. "Shut the fuck up!" Miley had thought Joe had known, but she knew Nick didn't. And she was not about to let him find out because of Joe's loudmouth.

But she was too late.

Nick stood tall in the door frame. He got up shortly after he heard Miley leave, hoping to get to talk to her and ask her if last night was as special to her as it was to him. He came downstairs just in time to hear that the ex-girlfriend he was slowly starting to develop real feelings for again was once engaged to the man she just went on another date with.

"You were going to marry him?" Nick choked out.

"Nick..."

"Miley, answer the question."

"He had proposed and given this big speech about how he loved me so much and all he wanted to do was make me happy and I just wanted to be happy..." Miley felt a small tear roll down her cheek. She could feel Nick's heart breaking a little bit from across the room, and if she was being honest, hers was too. "Nick, listen, it obviously didn't last..."

"But you wanted to go on the date with him yesterday to see if you could try again. God, I'm so fucking stupid. You were all over each other, I should've known." Nick ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

Miley walked up close to Nick and tried to put her hands on his arms, but he pulled himself back from her. "After last night—"

"Last night didn't mean anything, Miley. I was drunk and you made sure I was okay. Thank you, but that's all it was. It meant nothing to me." Nick pulled himself away and went back upstairs to his room. He was lying, last night meant everything to him. All he wanted to do was hold her in his arms and hear her call him "Nicky" again.