Chapter Six

Willa took me shopping again before the party and I bought a dress that left nothing to the imagination and some how cost ten thousand euros. The silky silver stretch satin had a plunging neck line and a skirt that just barely covered my bottom. Willa's dress was bright fire engine red and had only one sleeve that went all the way down to her wrist. I knew the club was hidden speakeasy style, but I wasn't expecting to walk into an actual laundromat. Willa walked through to the back like she knew what she was doing and slipped a token into the last dryer and hit the coin return five times then pushed the coin holder in and the door opened, bathing us in club music.

"I wonder how many people stumble in by mistake." I giggled as we descended the stairs. Even with the special entrance, there was still a bouncer at the bottom of the stairs holding a clip board. He spoke in French and Willa answered. He checked his list and waved us in.

Before I stepped foot in the party with its aerialists twirling around over head I thought Willa and I looked amazing. However, with the plethora of models I was fairly certain no one was going to notice us. Not only that but I was probably the shortest woman there.

"The bar is open," Willa shouted over the music as she dragged me to the bar by my wrist. She ordered for me and passed the drink off. "We'll drink, then dance and find you some distraction."

I flashed her thumbs up and drained my cosmo, but it was quickly followed with another and another. When I finished the last drink, Willa dragged me to the dance floor and we danced as the room swam and my skin heated just from the alcohol. Tipsy enough to be fearless I started grinding on a guy behind me only to turn and find Lucien. We didn't say anything but we danced dirty, Willa gave me a thumbs up because she didn't know. All she saw was me dancing with a guy who was too hot to be real. When the song ended I walked for the bar and hoped the bartender spoke English, Lucien followed me.

"Double tequila shot," I ordered and the bartended nodded and poured the drink for me. I downed the shot and stared at Lucien who leaned against the bar beside me. "Why are you here?" I asked, leaning toward him.

"I'm a guest, just like you." He smirked. "And it is my club."

"Of course it is," I grumbled shaking my head as I walked for the dance floor again. Again I started dancing, and I turned to find Lucien behind me. He put his hand on my hip and I could have pushed him away, but I didn't. No I gave in and danced with him, rubbing my bottom back against him. Once I felt him nice and hard, pressing against my ass, I turned and danced with a stranger. It didn't take long for the stranger to start grinding hard against me, whispering things I couldn't understand but sure sounded sexy. However, it didn't really matter all that I cared about was Lucien and how he stayed in my orbit dancing with another woman but stealing glances at me. I left the dance floor again and Lucien was there again, but this time he closed the space between us, looming over me.

"I told Holly not to come," he whispered in my ear, and drunk as I was I couldn't pretend his voice didn't affect me. He was close enough that he probably could feel my shiver. "Come home with me."

A quick scan of the crowd found Willa making out with a tall guy I vaguely recognized from a magazine ad. Chewing on my bottom lip I turned my attention back to Lucien. I'd known him for all of six days but all I wanted then as I looked at him was to have him be my first.

"Lucien..." I couldn't find the words. Take me to the hotel and make love to me sounded stupid, so I didn't know what to say. Our eyes locked and everything fell a way to nothing, all that mattered was Lucien and the fact that he was so near. There was something between us, an unbridled yearning that frustrated both of us. It was too soon to be love but whatever it was had us in its throes. He seized my throat and kissed me hard and deep. I moaned against him as my fingers brushed his sides.