Chapter Eight

All that time and Amber was finally mine, I could still smell her on my hands, and taste her in my mouth as I left the hotel. Most stopped and stared, my shirt wasn't buttoned at all it wasn't exactly my style but I didn't have much of a choice. Outside the limo waited, with my driver standing beside it looking grim. He'd served my father and was very well acquainted with my family's business practices. So he knew what was coming. I'd never been a fan of making examples of people, but on occasion it was necessary.

Amber would be there, and it would be so easy to keep her there. She'd fight me if I did, and just the thought of it made my cock swell and ache. I could already see her chained up and at my mercy. It'd be so easy... I had my cell phone in hand before I could stop myself. Shaking my head I looked out the window. No matter how badly I wanted it, there would be complications.

After heading home, I showered and dressed. Instead of black, I choose a dark blue shirt that made my eyes seem even bluer. Amber would like that, she had a habit of looking at my eyes. The suit was black and bespoke with a liner embroidered with my family crest, it was a gift from my father when he told me I'd be taking over. It was a calculated move, he was dead within the year. He was never good at problem solving—I was. As I headed for the stairs my phone vibrated, I didn't look at it at first solely because my breath caught with the notification. No one would make me their lap dog. Amber's cunt might have been tighter than anything I'd felt before but I wouldn't deviate from my normal for her. Felix was waiting at the base of the steps, and gave me a nervous glance causing me to roll my eyes. He knew what was going down tonight too.

"Out with it," I spoke as we got in the back of the limo.

"The American is fucking with your head." Felix messed up his hair and I fought the urge to draw my gun and shoot him.

"What makes you say that?" I fiddled with my cuffs as my phone vibrated again.

"The guy at the club was one of the Italians'. After the meeting went bad, you said you wanted to make an example as you should have. But bashing his hands up like that? That's not you, Lucien."

Tonguing a canine, I crackled my knuckles. "Everyone said I was being too nice. My father did much worse over much less."

"Yes, and we spent most of our teenage years in the middle of a war for it. My god, you were kidnapped and held hostage for six weeks. Is that what you want to happen again?"

Sucking my teeth, I set my ankle on my knee and turned from him. "Don't question me again. I'm not my father, I know what I'm doing."

"Fine. But you know I'm loyal to the end, Lucien. I wouldn't say anything if I didn't think something fucked up was going down and that little whore is at the center of it."

"Remember when my father had your uncle's tongue cut out for calling my mother a bitch?" I turned to face Felix who paled, we were both in the room when my uncle carried out the punishment. "Call Amber a whore again and see what happens. I'm not my father, I don't need someone else to do my dirty work." My voice was calm, like I was through and through.

"I'm sorry, Lucien. It won't happen again."

"Good." I lifted my chin a little as the limo pulled into a private drive.

On the horizon the chateau rose like a fortress more than the pleasure palace it'd been for my family for generations. We'd only lost it for one, and that was after the revolution. When I was younger I didn't like being at there, I didn't like the eyes that stared down at me from the paintings in the hall, the ones so like mine and so full of judgement. Now I was benign to the whole thing. The paintings were just paintings. Though one day I too would be buried in the family plot on the edge of the land none of it felt significant. Guards dressed in black guarded the entry ways as I walked with Felix trailing me. My phone buzzed again and it was only then that I took it out.