Chapter 1: Spartan

December 7th 2557,
Today is the day I have been waiting for a long time. Only 5 initiates of the Spartan program actually get to become actual Spartans.

I have been training the past 6 months for this moment and I won't ruin it now.
"All Spartan initiates report to Sector C for debriefing."
I rushed down to Sector C, I dared not being late.

I March into Sector C and went to my squad
"Hey guys." I said.
Before all of them could say hi to me we where interrupted by the sarge.

"All right you worthless maggots!" Yelled the Sarge, he seemed extra happy today.
"There are 100 initiates here today! And we all know that 96 of you will be heading home to your old worthless lives tonight! The other 4 who don't die horribly will join my squad!"

Every initiate except for me will be going home, my home world was glassed by a rouge Covenant squadron. Me and my Uncle Charlie were the only survivors, we escaped on our poorly made space cruiser that we made from scrap at our Farm, if I were not accepted I would be devastated.

"Red squad you go to Sim room A, and blue squad go to Sim room B"
I followed the rest of Red squad to the simulation room, we where then split into 5 groups of 10 and got into the chairs that put us into the training simulations
"Alex!"
My friend Garrick yelled from the other room
"See you on the other side!"

Then a voice said "Simulation beginning in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... "
Then there was a bright light and we where all transported to the simulated battlefield.

"All right maggots!"
I heard the sarge yell through the radio in my helmet.
"I'm gonna remind you all of the rules before we begin, you only have one life which means if you get shot you are out of the simulation and your going home, unless your team wins.The last team standing will advance to the next round!"

I have never been so nervous in my entire life. then the announcer came on to the simulation intercom
"Round start!"