Chapter 7: Covenant

December 11 2557
Every time something good happens to me it gets interrupted by gunfire.
"Well it looks like you guys are all ready on your first mission!" Says Sarge he dosen't seem afraid.

"Everyone on me!" Yells Connor. Of course he goes ahead and takes charge of the whole group right when the danger hits.

We go down the hallways of the base looking around for Covenant forces.
We arrive at the armor lockers.
"We need to get our armor right now!"
Adam said, he is very frightened!

"Okay let me just get the codes." Says Connor he runs off to go get them
"Sarge, while he is doing that call command and tell them we need backup ASAP." I told Sarge
Sarge looked at me and said "Boy if that idea was stupid I would have shot you right here and now!"

Even in dire situations Sarge is still a jerk.
"Command this is Sergeant Cook of UNSC squad 56 we need assistance immediately!"

Silence...

"Repeat this is Sergeant Cook of UNSC squad 56 we need assistance immediately!"

Even more silence...

Then command answers and says "Copy 56th squad we are unable to send reinforcements, please head to the bridge for debriefing."
"Copy that." says Sarge

"Got it!" Says Connor and he opens up the lockers with our armor in them.

CLANG

"What was that?" Yelps John
He then walks forward a couple steps
"Eh, I guess it was nothing."

That's when the Elite jumped from it's hiding place and stabbed John through the chest!
"JOHN!" We all yelled.

Connor then shot the Elite square in the chest with a sniper rifle he got out of his locker.
I ran over to John to check his pulse, and unfortunately there was none.

"He's gone." I said
Garrick sniffles and says,
"Come on there has to be more coming."

We follow Garrick to the command center, which is heavily fortified and filled with people trying to keep the covenant from glassing this planet.
"Sir, we have arrived as promised but, Private John is down."
General Cunningham turns around in his chair.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but we have a very important mission for you." says the general with a very stern look on his face

"We need you to get off this planet, with this." Cunningham then pulls a computer chip out of his back pocket
"This is Lily, our base AI"
Lily then appears from the computer chip and says "Hello." to us
Cunningham then says to Lily.
"Lily this man is Connor, he will take you off this planet."
Connor stands up straight and has a very happy look on his face.

Lily then says,
"No, he won't be the one taking me off this base." She turns and faces me.
"Alex will."