Epilogue

December 18 2557,
"You three are lucky." says Lasky
"You obviously know who the Didact is right?"

We all nodded, he was the Forerunner who blew up New Phoenix.
"We found out that a long long time ago, he made clones of himself to take over if he where to die."
That makes sense a powerful leader like Didact would never just let himself die.

We sat in silence for a while.
Then Lily popped out of the system computer.
"Well unfortunately for you three the battle is just beginning."

We all looked up at her, shocked
Then Connor said,
"Why do we have to keep fighting when we have the Master Chief? He can take him down easily!"
Lily and Lasky looked at each other.
Then Lasky said ,
"Chief's gone AWOL."

WAIT WHAT?!
"He abandoned the UNSC!? Why would he do that!" Asked Sarge
Lily looked at him and said.
"We wish we knew the answer Sarge, but we believe it's because his personal AI Cortana died."

Wow I can't imagine the amount of pain he is going through right now.
"Well we have to go after him!" I said to them.
"That's not you're task Alex. we gave that job to Locke's team." Said Lily
"Oh, then what's our job then?" I asked them.

"You three are now Elite Squad, you're task is to take out rouge Covenant and Forerunner army's, like the ones who destroyed you're planet Alex."

This is great! I finally can get revenge on those assholes! And find out what the Didact is planning.

"That sounds like fun! When do we start?" Asked Sarge
"Right now actually, you three will be training to go hunt rogues starting today." said Lasky.

"Go to Sim room A in an hour, Elite squad."
I have a feeling my life is about to change even more, and I'm excited about it.

"Hey Alex!" Connor yells "Race ya!"
Oh there is no way he is beating me.
"Ok slowpoke let's go!"
Me and Connor ran down to the sim room while sarge tagged in from behind.

"They are a good team." said Lily
Lasky looked at her and said
"They better be, because the next few months are going to be crucial to the rest of there lives."