Chapter 6

~~Present Day~~

With a firm kick in the stomach I sent the man stumbling backwards.  He clutched his abdomen in pain, quickly looking up just in time to see my foot coming into contact with his skull.  His body rag-dolled to the side from the impact and upon further investigation I quickly deemed him unconscious.  I run past him, my boots clapping against the metal and then concrete as I turned down certain hallways.  

Twelve minutes.

I heard another enemy coming up behind me, so I quickly rounded a corner and waited.  Their footsteps came closer and closer, until they turned the corner at full speed.  I halted them with an instant punch and then kicked them to the ground.  They dropped their gun, so I quickly grabbed it before they could, barrel-rolled before they could trip me and knocked them out with the back of the gun.  I quickly unloaded the gun and let the bullets drop and scatter, before effectively bringing it to bash up others.  Now no one can grab this gun and shoot me with it without having bullets handy with them.

Ten minutes.

I made it to the control room, and with quick kicks, punches and throwing the gun at literally everyone, I knocked them all out cold.  Then, I tossed the gun out the window, a random guy who refused to be knocked down and then began to mess with the control panel.  I began uploading all their files after hacking into the mainframe and waited patiently.  I kept a hand handy beside one of my daggers attached to my belt.

Six minutes.

I continuously switched from watching the computer, to watching the door from the shadows.  The air was tense, the metal cold and the ocean currents were strong.  Waves rose higher and higher, until they began to hit the ship and send it from side to side.  Unable to hold myself in time, my body ragdoll slipped and slid to the other side as the ship tilted from the pressure and impact of the wave.  Then another hit and I rolled back unexpectedly.  The 'ding' from my hard drive gained my attention that it had taken all the files.

Two minutes.

I painfully scrambled to my feet and grabbed nearby metals to hold and pull myself to the hard drive, against the tilting of the ship.  With bloodied hands I quickly snatched the hard drive and ran out the door, the tilting of the ship forced me from wall to wall quite painfully.  I ran along the deck of the ship, counting in my head.

Ten.

I slipped, before picking myself back up.

Seven.

I tucked the hard drive into my pocket and flung my plait from my face.

Four.

I booked the final run to the railing.

Two.

I jumped over the side.

One.

And transformed into an eagle, flying as far away from the doomed ship in the middle of the ocean.  Once I was a good enough distance away, I watched and counted down the time for the explosion.

Five.

Four.

Three.

My wings braced in case the winds created by the explosion reached me.

Two.

One.

BOOM!  BOOM!

The ship exploded into pieces, and luckily, the winds didn't reach this high or far.  Another mission accomplished for Fury.  I began the flight back to SHIELD and enjoyed the ocean breeze, scent and the deep rumble of the waves under me.  A thunderstorm rolled in from the distance behind me, out of no where, and continued its journey to the nearby town.  I landed to give my wings a break.

Ten.  Nine...eight....seven...six...five....four....three....two....one...I transformed my body back to my human form and sat on the tree branch.  My braided hair fell past my waist and the branch.  I took some cloth out of my pockets and wrapped it around my hands, tucking and tying them so they'd stop the bleeding.

The storm was closer now, and the hard drive safe in my pocket.  Thank God.
After fifteen more minutes, I stood back up, stretched and counted back to ten, the amount of time it takes to transform my body from human to animal and back again.  Ten seconds each shapeshift.  Once in my raven form, I flew the final distance back to SHIELD's Helicarrier.

I tossed Fury the hard drive once I spotted him and he expertly caught it with a proud smirk.  I smirked back and headed inside, to my bedroom.  I knew I had to take a shower and I'd probably trace my soulwords...but I was so exhausted, the moment I flopped onto my bed, I fell asleep.