Chapter 8

~~Present Day~~

"I don't know how Agent Romanoff has been able to handle you..."  Fury sighed.  "Too much energy and intelligence."  He mumbled under his breath.  Now.  You all know me very well by now.  I ain't intelligent.  But because I've had many years alone and alive, with and without Bucky, (I haven't found any of my other soulmates) and I've had so much free time and Agent work...I became smarter and smarter over every decade.

"Boreddddddddddd~"  I whined.  "When's Natasha gonna be back from her mission...?"  I pouted, rolling to my stomach and looking up at Nick who stood on his platform as usual--overlooking the Helicarrier and its staff/agents.  My favourite Agent right now is the guy playing the Gallaga game in the far back corner.  I'm impressed he hasn't been caught yet.

"How about solving that Rubik's cube again, Agent Stars?"  He suggested.  I've already solved that new Rubik's cube over a hundred times already and we only got it last year.

"No..."  I mumbled.

"A puzzle?  A crossword?"  He continued.

"Hm..."  I sighed.

"Alright, how about reading some new files?"  He smirked.

"Some wha--!?"  I pushed myself up from the ceiling with excitement.  His smirk grew wider.

"I'm putting together a team...the 'Avengers' team."  He explained, signalling me to jump back onto the floor--so I oblige.  Flipping midair and landing onto my feet on the ground quite perfectly, I quickly took the files from his hands and began to read and listen as he spoke.
"Recently, as you have heard, a powerful object as been stolen from us by your soulmate: Loki, the Norse God of Mischief and Lies."  Fury began to explain.

I opened the files to the first page, a picture of Loki and the tiniest bit of information regarding him.  "He is on this file...but not marked as an enemy."  I noted.

"Correct.  We will take him down, but only enough to take back what was stolen...then I'd like him to join the Avengers.  Especially because he's your soulmate."  He smirked.

I raised an eyebrow, and flipped the page over, speaking as I did so.  "So you want me to convince him to join us?  After a battle against each other?"

"He most likely would not want to fight his soulmate--his destined to be, and his love."  Fury spoke, repelling the urge to gag.  I rolled my eyes.  He never did like the idea of soulmates or romance.  I don't know why though...

My eyes landed on the stolen object.  I tried pronouncing it.  "The...Teassarect?"  I questioned.  Fury chuckled.

"The Tesseract is incredibly powerful, so powerful it has the ability to change the outcome of this world in a split second."  He explained.  I flipped over the page to see who would be on the team.  I was surprised.

"I'm on the team?"  I questioned unsurely.

"Yes, I took into account how you'd feel at the thought of being in a team with two of your soulmates, and decided to put you on the team."  He acknowledged.  I took a moment to think about what he said.  He's barely seen Bucky's tattoo, no one knows a lot about Wakanda except it makes the world's toughest and most valuable vibranium and has a King ruling over it (duh); and I've never shown anyone the paragraph on my leg.  And CEO is pretty vague and clearly visible; plus Loki's already wanted on the team.  That left...

"Thor?"  I raised an eyebrow, turning the page over to the God of Thunder.

"Correct."  Fury smirked.  "We haven't had a proper conversation with Thor, but we...I want him on the team as well."  I nodded slowly and continued to flip through the file pages.  Hawkeye, (even though he was currently compromised by Loki), Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Loki, Thor and Vira, (me), all made up the team of Avengers.
"I'm calling it the 'Avengers Initiative.'"  He spoke quite clearly.

I closed the files and nodded to Fury with sparkling eyes.  He simply chuckled at my enthusiasm.
"I'm going to need you to get someone over here for us though, Agent Stars."  He smirked.
I, however, frowned a little worriedly and handed him back his files.

"Who..?"  I asked unsurely.

"I think you know him very well."  His smirk grew wider.  My eyes did too.

"Steve...?"  I barely whispered.

"Now, get moving, General!"  He fake-saluted.  I grinned.

"Yes, Sir!"  I saluted back and ran off with my super speed to quickly suit up.  I placed the black suit on, adjusted the long sleeves and pants.  If the seams aren't in the right place, it's uncomfortable and irritating.  I then placed my blue wrist band back over Bucky's soulwords after kissing them.  I fixed my long, long hair into a braided bun that somehow stayed in place.  Sneaking throwing knives and a few daggers into my suit and then a couple pistols into some holsters, I was ready.

I took a Quinnjet and flew to the one place I knew he'd be at in New York.  After a couple hours and landing safely and locking the Quinnjet so no one could even dare try boarding it, I walked inside the large, no, MASSIVE!  DAMN MASSIVE ASS GYM.  I walked around the practically silent place, and heard the one recognizable sound.  I followed the sound.  I knew it'd be Steve punching the living daylights out of a punching bag.

I carefully peeked my head around a corner and through an open doorway to see that I was, indeed, correct about Steve punching the living daylights out of a punching bag.  The poor punching bag.  His blonde hair was still cut short, his muscles still visible and strong and his frame is still broad and manly.  His blue eyes seem determined to end the punching bags' career.
I snuck around the corner and leaned against the doorframe with my arms crossed over my chest, intently watching the Super Soldier.  Once the bag finally kicked the bucket, it broke off the chain and was sent sliding across the ground with sand spilling out of it.  Steve huffed.

I took this as my chance, watching him get a new punching bag.
"Stressed, Steve?"  I joked, walking closer and out of the shadows.  He did a double take and just stared at me, registering my presence.  I grinned and winked.  He smirked a back and went back to punching the bag he set up.

"Just letting off a little steam."  He looked at me with a wink, "Lola."  I giggled and used my super speed to run to his side.  He turned to me and laughed, picking me up and spinning me around in a hug.

"Oh, I've missed you Steve."  I smiled, wiggling from the hug so I could breathe.

"It's really been a long time, huh?"  He sighed, looking down at the ground.

"Yeah, it has..."  I nodded, remembering the day I lost him which was only a little after the day I lost Bucky.  My whole life shattered from that one year.  Steve snapped me out of my thoughts.

"How'd you know where to find me?"  He questioned.

"I'm with S.H.I.E.L.D."  I told him.  "I wish I could've been there to help them find you, but Fury had me on another mission."  I sighed sadly.

"I see..."  He nodded.  "And let me guess, you want me to join SHIELD?  Or did Fury set you up for this?"  He narrowed his eyes at the thought.

"I'm here because I need your help.  My soulmate, Loki, has compromised an Agent and good friend of mine as well as the Tesserect.  I need your help to get them back and help turn Loki to the side of good."  I handed him the files Fury had handed me to give to Steve.  That...did not make sense, but I'll roll with it.  He hummed.

"The Tesseract, huh?"

"Yeah, that."  I nervously chuckled.  He seemed to be annoyed.

"I really don't want to be apart of anything like that, though, Lola."  He sighed.

"Really Steve?  I know you like the war/soldier life.  I bet you ten bucks that you'll come to help.  I know you're not the kind of guy to turn your back on the world and I."  I grinned, giving him one final hug before swapping phone numbers and leaving.  "Call me when you want to catch up properly, Steve!  It's great seeing you again!"  I giggled excitedly, exiting the building.

"See you, Lola!  You better call me too!"  He called and chuckled back to me.