Chapter 10

~~Present Day~~

I smirked at the door as Steve walked through with his arm around Natasha, and Dr. Banner on the other side with his arm around Natasha.  My grin widened.  I flipped off the ceiling and cheered a little.  "Oh my gosh!"  Dr. Banner look nervous at my sudden presence.  "Are you three...soulmates?"  I gasped.

"Yeah, we are."  Steve smiled at Natasha and Dr. Banner.  Dr. Banner and Natasha smiled back at each other and Steve.  They looked like the happiest people in the world.  I silently squealed.

"I'm so proud of you three for finding each other!!"  I cheered.  "Oh!  Also, Dr. Banner, it's a pleasure to meet you."  I shook his hand in greeting.  "Please be good to Natasha and Steve."  I threatened with a smile.  He seemed to be genuinely frightened.

"Steve."  I stared intently at my best friend.  He laughed and took a dollar note out of his pocket and handed it to me.  I playfully grinned and jumped back to the ceiling, tucking the money into my pocket.  Natasha shook her head with a fond smile and wiggled herself from her soulmates.  She opened her arms.

"What?  No hug for a friend?"  She smiled.  My eyes practically sparkled.  I flipped down and tackled her into a hug as her soulmates admired the Helicarrier.

"We're currently scanning for a match to find this 'Loki' as we speak.  Welcome to SHIELD.  Dr. Banner, Captain Rogers, it's a pleasure to have you two here."  Fury walked over, shaking their hands in greeting.

"Thanks for having us here."  Steve smiled, then went back to a poker face as he looks around some more.

"Thanks for asking nicely."  Dr. Banner joked sarcastically--but he didn't laugh.  Fury just had a small smile of amusement.

"Agent Romanoff, could you please show Dr. Banner to his lab?  And Steve and Lola, it's time to suit up.  I'll be sending you on a mission to find and stop Loki once we locate him."  Fury ordered.

"Alright, I'll show you to your lab, Dr. Banner."  Natasha winked at her blushing soulmate.  "You're going to love it--it's got all the sciencey-toys."  She joked.

"Come on, Steve!  I'll show you where you can gear up!"  I giggled giddily.  He smiled at my enthusiasm.

"I'd appreciate that, Lola.  Lead the way."  He chuckled.  I skipped to the room that had his suit and shield with him walking behind me.  I'm glad I always manage to make him smile or chuckle.  Once he suited up again and I made sure I had my weapons, we went back to the main control room.  We had some simple chit-chat, which then somehow led to:

"I'm sorry, again...about Bucky..."  He lowered his head.  He didn't know...I completely forgot.
I stopped him in his tracks, so no one would see.

"Steve...I completely forgot to show you..."  I sighed, slipping the wristband off for a moment.  I showed him my wrist and watched as his eyes lit up with tears.  "He's not dead...just...probably with Hydra and..well, lost."

"So...what?  We just wait until we find him or he finds us?"  He questioned astounded.

"I have a basic idea of someone working for Hydra who might be him, but I won't go further into details.  And, I don't want him to suffer, I just haven't shown Shield yet either.  I don't want them to kill him, but I don't want them to find him either."  I sighed, confusing myself.

"I see..."  He trailed off.  We began to walk again and it seemed he was clearing his thoughts and about to speak up again, when Natasha crossed our path.

"Hey."  She smirked to Steve who's mood instantly improved.

"Hey."  He wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her.