• PROLOUGE •

"You will bow before me people of Elicta!" Harlina said. She had a staff in hand with a green gem at the top. She held it up for the rest of her old village to see. The gem on top glowed furiously. A man galloped his horse towards her and the evil witch cackled.

With one pound of her staff against the stone pathway which she stood on, the man was surrounded by green fire. Once the flames cleared he was gone, vanished into thin air. His horse veered off corse and galloped towards the woods that surrounded the village.

"NO!" A voice called out from the crowd that watched it happen. Harlina laughed once more and then vanished in a puff of smoke. A man came forward from the crowd and stood where the other man had vanished a few seconds ago. "I will avenge you, father." He muttered under his breath.

Another man, about the same age came over and placed his hand on the other's shoulder. "You are the General now. We will get Harlina one day." He said and the new General looked at him with a small, forced smile.

"Yes we will. I don't know how, but–" He couldn't finish his sentence before an old looking paper materialized infront of them. He reached out his hand to grab it and opened it up.

"What do you think it is?" The other man asked and the General looked at him, now with a real smile.

"It looks like hope."

•••

Just a short walk or ride away there stood a magnificent portal. It swirled with all it's blue glory and at the top a small blue stone was embedded in the frame. A spark of blue came off of it and floating in mid air was a blue star-like thing. It whistled around as it moved through the air but soon whistled right into the portal, headed to the other side.

And that is where our story begins.