• EPILOGUE •

The busy lunch room hummed with its usual chatter. Valerie came to join her friends at their usual lunch table.

But not the popular kid's table, she went to go sit with Carter and Katie. Once she sat down she noticed Keyden and Arnold weren't there. They must have gotten sick, or maybe one of them went on a vacation, she thought.

"Hey Valerie." Carter said and she waved. Katie looked like she was in deep thought so Valerie tapped her on the shoulder.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked Katie and Katie smiled.

"I just realized, we never saw Bax again after Harlina disappeared. I wonder where he went." She said and Valerie sighed.

"Ah who cares about him anyway! He locked me in a shed! I would be perfectly happy if I never saw him again in my life." She said and Carter and Katie laughed.

"When did he lock you in a shed?!" Carter asked still laughing a bit.

"You know, when I went missing? Yeah he took me and chained me up in a shed." She said and Carter and Katie's jaw dropped. "But it's all good cause I kicked him in the arm." She said again and Carter and Katie looked at each other.

"So that's what happened!" We said at the same time and then the whole table burst out laughing.

•••

Bax stood where his mother had disappeared. He had been left with nothing. Katie, Carter, and Valerie had gone back to their own world and Bax was stuck with no where else to go.

"I will get my revenge..." He said to himself. "And when I do it will take more than just two kids and a dumb horse to stop me..."