3. Asking For It

This is where things start to get spicy, my children. Buckle up and prepare for the fun to start.

Throughout the whole day, people kept making remarks about my appearance and how 'weird' I looked. It was strange to me. Women can wear makeup, so why can't men? It's just a style choice, and it's not something that should be assigned to a certain gender.

I tried to go on ignoring them, but some of the comments made were seriously funny to me. I overheard one of the volleyball players call me a "femboy who's only seeking male attention." Luckily, one of the girls on the team, Lindsey Ballato, put her in her place. She so respectfully said, "Yeah and you're just a femgirl seeking male attention. The only difference is that you can't get it. Suck it up, Vanessa."

When I tell you I had to stop myself from bursting into a fit of laughter, I kid you not, I was getting dangerously close to doing it. Currently I was walking onto math class, my last period, which happened to be in the hallway where all the freshmen were for some reason. I don't know why they decided to put a senior class in a freshmen hallway, but here we are.

I was being given a lot of glances which wasn't surprising at this point. What was surprising was when a younger freshmen wiggled his eyebrows at me while I passed him in the hallway, to which I just awkwardly smiled at. He must have sensed my awkwardness though, because he stopped to tell me something.

"Hey I'm only joking with you. Don't listen to what everyone else says though, you look fabulous. Keep rocking it," and then he kept on walking like nothing had ever happened. I found myself becoming quite grateful for the compliment, as it boosted my self confidence even if only by a little bit.

As I continued walking in the hallway, a taller freshman ran into me while yelling, "Ryan, wait up!" I ended up moving back a little, but I luckily wasn't knocked over. I just brushed myself off before looking at the younger boy to check that he was okay.

"Oh um, I'm sorry! I didn't see you coming. Are you okay?" I knew I was being very awkward, I just hoped whoever this was wouldn't judge me.

"Oh yeah, I'm totally fine dude! Not your fault, I should've watched where I was going. My name's Brendon by the way. Nice to meet you... uh," he trailed off, and I realized that he didn't know my name yet.

"I'm Gerard. Nice to meet you Brendon." He flashed me a smile before running off after whoever 'Ryan' was. That was not an encounter I expected to have today, but the two seemed to be pretty nice people.

I finally reached class, happy that I was able to avoid running into anyone else in the hallway. Math was my least favorite subject, so rest assured that this was going to be a long class. Luckily Mikey was in the class with me, which would make the experience slightly more bearable.

I approached my desk and noticed that he wasn't in his yet. Unfortunate. I figured I would just wait it out until he got here. I'm sure he wouldn't be long.

I was correct in that he walked into class only a few minutes later with one of his friends, Pete. Me and Pete weren't too close, but I guess we were acquaintances. He was a pretty cool guy.

"Hey guys," I said to them as they sat down in the two seats beside me. Pete was sitting in front of Mikey so that we could all face each other, sort of in a group.

"Hey Gee," Mikey responded. "Do you know where the teacher is? I heard rumors that she wouldn't be here today but I didn't know if you've seen her or not."