6. Pushed Out The Closet

Okay so a lot is bound to happen in this chapter and it's actually a pretty cute chapter so I hope you enjoy it.

I was walking into the school building and preparing myself for everlasting hell. No, I didn't chicken out and wear normal clothes today. I had a commitment and you're damn wrong if you think I wasn't going to stick with it.

Just to prove it to myself, I put on the red lipstick as well as a pair of my mom's heeled combat boots. I'm sure she wouldn't be needing them any time soon.

As I walked in through the doors, it was the same old thing as last time. A few weird glances, a few whispers, and a few turned faces. The only difference from now and before was the shitty rumor that I enjoyed assaulting freshman.

Naturally, I assumed most of the whispers were about me. However, when I walked past a group of seniors, I heard something I never imagined that I would hear in thousands of years.

"Did you hear the Mr. Iero is gay?" For some reason, that phrase stuck with me. Was it true?

Of course, I know I shouldn't be quick to believe any rumors, but I had some curiosities I needed to get sorted. If he was gay, I would need to apologize that someone outed him like that. However, if he wasn't gay, I would have to help demolish these rumors. They could be harmful to him.

As a person who was outed rather than willing to come out on my own time, I knew how much it hurt for people to start acting all strange around you. It was as if your sexuality was something that completely changed who you were as a person. No, I'm not going to start acting different around you just because I'm gay. I've been gay this whole time, you're only just now finding out about it.

I went to my first class anyway, trying to distract myself from the rumors being passed around. It was weird having no one talk about my appearance, I would have to admit.

When I walked into the classroom, I saw how frustrated Frank looked. His head was resting in his hands, and he had a disgruntled look on his face. It didn't help that he was sitting with a hunch, making him look even more upset than he first was.

I also noticed how a few of the students were sending him wary glances, as if they were scared of him. I overheard one of the jocks talking as I sat down in my seat.

"Ugh, another fag? Just what this school needed. I bet he's some sicko. If he tries to touch me I'm immediately going to the office." Frank flinched at those words, and I immediately felt bad for him.

I tapped on the jock's shoulder and he turned around with a disgusted expression. "Hey sorry for bothering you, I just thought you should know something. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they're attracted to you. Like, no offense or anything, but you might be one of the most repulsive human beings I've ever met." He raised an eyebrow, acting offended, and I just shrugged. "Sorry if I ruined your fantasies."

"Your opinion doesn't matter. I'm attractive, and I don't care what you think." I was obviously not impressed with this statement.

"Oh so you're disgusted by gay people, but you get offended when they aren't attracted to you?" He stayed silent, and I smirked in victory. "That's what I thought." Admitting his defeat, he turned around and started minding his own business.

Soon class began, and I was very concerned for Frank. To put it simply, he looked like shit. I don't think he was having a very good day at all.

"Alright class, I've failed to prepare a lesson once again, so instead, you'll be getting an early start on your final projects. For this you'll be researching a psychological disorder of your choice and taking notes on how it affects the human brain. You're allowed to work in partners, but please keep your voice down." That was all he said, so I got out my journal and textbook, ready to work on my own.