Chapter 3 - She

"Oi, Yaku." Kai called on a whisper and signaled for Yaku to look behind him.

Yaku slowly turn his head and he snort when he saw their dear Captain, Kuroo Tetsurou, smiling and humming some happy song while cleaning the club room.

Weird.

He hates cleaning yet he was doing it.

"Did you hit your head, huh Kuroo?" Yaku asked, throwing a towel on his face.

Kuroo removes it over his head and they flinched, shocked, seeing that he still had a smile on his face.

"Hm? What's wrong?" Kuroo asked as he continue folding their washed jerseys.

"What's wrong!? Why don't you ask yourself?"

"Huh?" Kuroo tilts his head on one side and his face went blank. "I don't get you." he smiled again as he shook his head.

"Last time you're like a glaring lion and now you're a humming bird? What's with you?"

"That last time..." Kenma begins.

The three older boys looked at him, waiting for his next words.

"Ahh... Kuro was mad at you, Yaku-san. He thought you like Kou." Kenma spilled while he flickered his eyes on his PSP to Kuroo and Yaku. "I think his jealous too because she addressed you by your first name."

"Kenma!" Kuroo bellowed, face turning red.

"Huh?" Yaku squint his eyes, looking at Kuroo.

"Not just you, he's mad at Lev and Tora too." Kenma added even Kuroo scowled at him.

"Is that the reason why you use that special regimen today and extended the practice for another hour?" Yaku glared at the scheming captain.

The bed-head avoided his gaze like he's not guilty at all.

"Ah, so that's why you're acting weird. I didn't heard it completely but I'm sure I heard Kou's name." Kai stated.

"And he's in a good mood because he walk her home yesterday."

"KENMA!" Kuroo exclaimed louder that before but the setter care less.

"Ey!" Yaku and Kai grimaced.

"So you two were really not ignoring each other now... That's nice." the libero said, smiling happily. "What did you do?"

"Huh?" Kuroo went blank on his friend's question.

What did you do? - those words repeats on his head but the answer is a lot.... he did a lot of things but he can't spill it out especially that kiss.

"N-nothing... It just happen... I talk to her then she talk to me... that's all." he muttered.

"Ahh... Then why do you think Yaku likes her? I won't ask about Lev and Taketora since those two like every girls."

Kuroo taps a finger on his chin to think for awhile on how he could explain it and answer Kai.

"Ahh..."

"Because he heard that you save her too."

"Hey! Kenma!" Kuroo yelled when Kenma speak for him again.

Yaku and Kai burst into laughter.

"Who told you that, huh, Kuroo?" Yaku asked.

"Just one of his assumptions." Kenma said.

"I remember once I saw a stranger in a convenience store who keeps asking her to go with him, so I approached her to get her but before I could do something, Kou already punch the guy in the face." Yaku laughs. "I actually did nothing."