Chapter 5 - Worst

"Oh, Hana-senpai, Yuri-senpai!" Lev called out, waving to the two girls who just bought food for their lunch.

"Oi." the girls greeted on Nekoma Volleyball boys with Yua seated on one table.

"Where's nee chan?" Kei asked, noticing his sister isn't with them.

That was the same question on Kuroo's mind. He did saw her in class but when he's about to go and talk to her she always disappeared.

"Ah..." Hana and Yuri look at each other with a little worry.

"She's... um... she's busy on some things." Hana chuckles - only a stupid person wouldn't notice she was faking it.

"Did she ate?" Kei asked.

"Ah... she said... she's not hungry." Yuri said.

"Eh? Kou-senpai??" Yua reacted, doubting what she heard.

Hana and Yuri nodded, awkwardly laughing.

"What's with her?" Kuroo thought to himself.

"And here Kei, she said you forgot this." Yuri handed a paper bag with his washed gym uniform to Kei.

"Thanks senpai."

"Did something happen with Kou-senpai. I haven't seen her for awhile now." Inuoka wondered. "I know our training with her was done but she said she'll visit on our practices."

"Yeah. Is she okay? I saw her on the hallway this morning but I don't think she heard me when I called her 'cause she ignored me." Lev said.

"Ehh? That's weird. I saw her yesterday and she ignored me too." Tora said. "And the way she walks... she's like a zombie."

"She's fine." Kei said flatly.

"Are you sure?" Yua asked. "I was with her earlier, I'm so worried "cause I noticed the bags under her eyes."

"Yes..." Kei replied at his girlfriend. "She's just busy since the exams is near. She's even going to school so early and she leave right after her class. When I got home, she's already locked inside her room, studying."

"Ah, right. Right. Whenever the exam was near, you really can't bother her." Hana reasoned out. "I forgot about that... right Yuri?" she nudged Yuri.

"Ah, haha. yeah yeah." Yuri nodded.

It was a lie.

A big lie.

Kou was just studying to avert all the things that bothers her and her friends know it. They know why she was acting so depressed all of a sudden.

"Ah... okay." Inuoka and Lev nodded.

"Instead of worrying on Kou, why don't you worry on improving your receives and blocks Lev." Yaku stated. "Haven't you said to her that you'll get alot of points on Spring High Tournament?"

"Gah!!! right, I said that." Lev starts to panic. "I need to practice more so I could ask senpai to watch my debut game."

"Not gonna happen." Kei smirked. "She never watch games."

"Ehh??" Lev, Inuoka and Yuki look at their team with questioning look.

"Yup. Never." Kei, Yaku and Kai shook their heads.

"She didn't watch the Interhigh, right?" Shohei Fukunaga stated.

"Yeah. She said she's not feeling well." Inuoka replied.

"Hn." Kei huffed. "Maybe, but that was not really the reason."

"Then what?" Inuoka asked.

Kei shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know either."