Chapter 10 - Today is day one

"I'm so happy." Yukie Shirafuku, one of Fukurodani's manager, giggles, nudging her shoulder to Kou while they took their trays of food.

Kaori chuckles. "This will be a long week but this will be fun."

"If you need help, we're here for you."

"Thanks." Kou smiled on them.

The girls walked towards the long table where Nekoma and Fukurodani team were. Yukie sat next to Akaashi Keiji then Kaori take the one beside her. Kou was about to pull the next seat but Yaku called her.

"Kou-chi~" Yaku smiled at her, patting the chair next to him.

Kou glances on the chair, she hesitated at first but Kei took the chair next to it.

That chair, the libero was offering, isn't a problem since her brother will be next to her but it was at the opposite side where Kuroo Tetsurou was.

She'll be sitting in front of Kuroo. The thought of it makes her blush.

She startled, heart skipped a beat when Kuroo glanced up at her but just for a second, he immediately focus back on his food.

Not aware of it, Kuroo was also blushing.

"Something wrong?" Yaku asked Kou, waking her senses after noticing she's just staring at the chair instead of sitting down.

Kou blinks. "N...nothing."

She coughed twice, clearing her throat before she sat down.

Everyone on the table settled down, Kou was silent, listening to their first and second years chatting while eating - Lev bragging something, Kei, Yaku and Tora insulting some of it, the others laughing while Kenma showing no interest, trying to finish his meal to get back to his game.... And there is their captain, munching his food quietly.

"Ah, by the way..." Kou intervened in low tone when she got the perfect timing but she got all their attentions.

She blinks, confused to see their heads all turned at her, she shyly smiled.

"They're like your soldiers, commander." Kei mumbled, earning a death glare from his sister.

"What is it, Kou?" Kai speak up for the team as the boys smiled at her, ignoring what Kei said.

"Ahh..." Kou stiffened her shoulders, focusing back on them. "Coach Naoi asks us to go with him to arrange some paperworks." she said to Kai.

"Okay." he replied immediately.

"And... Morisuke..." she turned to her right where Yaku was. "...Coach Nekomata said after this, he wants to talk to you..."

"Hai!" Yaku saluted enthusiastically that made Kou smile a bit before glancing down on her food, gripping on her chopsticks.

She glanced up, observing the guy sitting in front of her.

Kuroo was still silent but he was hoping she would tell something to him too.

"And y...you... too." Kou added, looking straight. "...Kuroo."

"Ah." Kuroo startled when she mentioned his name. He's not aware on the blush on his face.

Kou raised a brow, waiting for an answer but the Nekoma's captain just stares at her until Kenma elbowed him, he woke up.

"O...okay." he stammers, hurriedly looking down on his tray, lifting his chopsticks again.

Kou blinks thoroughly down to her food, her face turns red after that short conversation - plus that long stare - but she managed to shrugged it off.