Chapter 4 - Misunderstood

"Are you sure you're okay? I think you shouldn't be eating that much."

"Uhmm..." Kou quirked a brow at Yuri then nodded. "hmmm...nommmumm." her words muffled on her puffed cheeks as she holds her bowl of rice on one hand and chopsticks on the other. She was with Yuri and Hana at the cafeteria, having her lunch.

Yuri grimaced at her friend, watching her stuff her mouth with more food without pausing to chew. She shook her head. "I don't understand a thing."

Hana sighed as she put her phone down tot he table. She glanced at Kou then to Yuri. "She said, 'I'm fine. If I don't eat, I'll die.'" she explained and Kou smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

"May I join you, ladies?"

Yuri and Hana looked up and saw thus charming guy standing behind Kou with food tray on his hands. The two grinned at Kou, causing her to cough, almost choked up on her food.

Hana chuckles, seeing the blush on her brunette friend's cheeks. She cleared her throat as she look back at Sousuke and gave him a welcoming smile. "Sure." she replied and without any hesitation, Sousuke took the seat beside Kou.

But there's this silence between Sousuke and Kou. She just focus on her plate and this time her movements was a bit slower than before, the amount of food she takes was smaller and she chews carefully like she's a kid who's been watched by her parents.

"Ah, this is so awkward." Kou said to herself. "I want to be invisible."

Hana and Yuri glance to each other then to Kou. They were well-aware on what happen since Sousuke told them.

~ ~ ~
It was yesterday when Kurumi asked them to have dinner on their family's restaurant and Kou wasn't able to join them since she need to go home early.

"Shit." Kou hissed as she hugs her strawberry printed bagpack to put pressure on her stomach, lessening the pain she feels while sitting on a bench, waiting for the train.

"Kou."

"Hmph! Why are you here?" she stood up, surprised seeing Sousuke running towards her.

Sousuke stops in front of her.

"You supposed to be-"

"You're pretty... ah... no... I mean you're always pretty."

"Huh?" she smirked. "You know you're still young to be drinking right?"

It was a joke but she noticed that Sousuke's expression was serious.

"I've been waiting for the right time and right place to say this to you but I never got the chance so I'll just say it now..."

Kou have no idea on what he was saying but she felt a sudden nervousness, making her stomachache worse.

"Ah, Sousuke... I..."

"I like you, Kou."

"What?" her eyes widened as she look on him and he was just staring at her eyes.

"Please go out with me."

She swallowed on her dry throat, looking at Sousuke bowed at 190 degrees in front of her but she still can't respond like all her senses were shut down.

"Don't worry. I don't need an answer today... just think about it. I can wait." Sousuke said with a wide smile. "The train is here. You should go now. See you tomorrow." he step backward, waving at her before turning and leave.