Chapter 4

Ha Eun stood by the bus stop, waiting for her usual bus home. Her phone rings.

Han Jumin

Well, it's weird. Jumin rarely calls.

"It's me, is it a good time to talk?"
"Hello Jumin. It's okay, I'm on my way back from work."
"Oh, to Zen's?"
"Of course."

Ha Eun heard Jumin sighed at the other end.

"Even after all I said about personally against living together before marriage."
"Jumin....."
"Do you want me to help you look for an apartment?"
"What?"
"So you don't need to share apartment. It's fine since it's only been 3 months, but for the long run, it's going to be cramped....."
"No, Jumin, I like living with Zen and I want it. And I don't think Zen'll allow me to move out again."
"Do you want me to talk to him to let you move out?", asked Jumin.
"Jumin. No. Thank you.", she asserts each word.
"Or do you want me to rent an apartment for you?", Jumin asked again, completely clueless.
"Jumin... Do you think I can't afford an apartment on my own?"
"No, I know well the number written on your pay check, thanks to Luciel, but who knows...."

Ha Eun steps into the bus, with her phone still on her ears. She sighs.

"You surely don't call me just to lecture me about living together with Hyun-oppa, right?", asked Ha Eun.
"No. I just want to ask you a favour."
"What favour?"
"Yoosung is finishing his study soon, so it'll be nice if you can guide him. He turned down my offer on working in one of C&R's branch venture."
"Yoosung? Oh, even though I have a medical degree, he's a vet. But well of course, I'll look out for him."
"Thank you. With V now gone, I thought I should take care of everyone.", Jumin replied sadly.
"You still can't find him...."
"It is unfortunate, but we have to move on. Okay, I won't keep you any longer."
"Thank you, Jumin."
"Oh and the cat food campaign is starting soon. I'll let you be the first one to see."

Ha Eun instantly smiles cheekily. She remembered Zen complaining about the cat ears Jumin intended for him to wear and how he needs to meow. It'll be totally fun to watch.

Zen waited in front of the bus station. Several girls that passed by, smiled at him shyly. Even behind the face mask, he's still recognized. Or it's his handsomeness that made them talk. He is actually a familiar face in the neighbourhood though but whenever he's out with Ha Eun, he'll make sure he keeps his face hidden.

He still thought revealing their relationship to the public is better. The only public that knows is probably the pungopang ahjussi, watching Zen so happy with Ha Eun made him promise to keep the sighting of the two a secret, in return, they became his number 1 regular customer.

It's been 3 months of their togetherness and life couldn't be better for Zen. He got his career opportunities back. He come home to his most loved one.

Life changes, a lot. When before, he only goes to the convenience to buy water and alcohol. Now, both of them regularly visits the supermarket to buy groceries. The fridge was packed with foods. Zen that rarely eats at home, now tries to make it home before dinner.

As the days goes by, Zen got to know Ha Eun even better. It was the little things that made her even cuter for him. How she loves everything banana; banana milk, banana biscuit. Thank goodness, she didn't make them eat banana every day.

"Oppa! Chocolate-banana biscuit! We should get this.", Ha Eun said excitedly.
"It's the same kind right like the one we have at home right?"
"Of course not! They're different brands!"

When every day Zen was the spotlight of the stage, the center of attention, with Ha Eun, he enjoys being behind her. Watching her from the back, observing her steady steps, how her hair sways with each movement.

If Zen's disguise involves face masks, for Ha Eun, she just needs to take her glasses of and let her hair off. It pains Zen to see her 'transform' each morning, passing her day submitting to people and staying down. That's why he wanted her to live as selfish as she wants with him. Do everything she wants.

"Ah, do you prefer seafood or just dubu for jjigae?", asked Ha Eun.
"What do you want?", Zen asked back.
"I'm asking you."
"I'll eat everything you make.", Zen replied happily.
"Okay, we'll get dubu for the jjigae. You said you wanted to eat seafood right? Let's see any seafood."

They walk towards the seafood freezer display. Walking hand in hand, they're just like any normal couple.
One of the water tanks was filled with wriggling eels.

"Hoo, eels. You want to eat jang eo gui?", asked Ha Eun.

Zen walks towards the tank in fascination.

"Ohh, it's been a while.", he said.
"Eel is very high in omega-3, decreases cholesterol, and....."
"Real Korean men eats it for stamina.", Zen followed proudly.
"I didn't say that.", she replied and pursed her lips, knowing she had said the wrong thing.

Zen gave a naughty look at Ha Eun, in which she replied with looking at the other direction.

"Are you suggesting that I'm not good enough in term of stamina?", he asked.
"No, I didn't say that. You know what, we're not eating it."

Ha Eun tried to place the cut eel back at their display but Zen stopped her.

"No, we're getting it. I want to satisfy you."
"I didn't .....!"

*cough**cough*

An ahjumma that stood not far from them, tried to distract them, she herself looked annoyed and uncomfortable at this couple that is clearly exchanging explicit implications at each other. Zen and Ha Eun gave an awkward smile at her before she left hurriedly.

Ha Eun pinches Zen's arm with great force, he yelped.

"So naughty!"
"But we're still getting the eel, right?"

---

Since Jaehee and Ha Eun are the only ladies in RFA, Ha Eun shared most things with Jaehee. They meet up regularly for coffee despite Jaehee's busy schedule and work with Jumin. Jaehee knew mostly everything, her family, her daily life with Zen, and it was by choice, Ha Eun told her.
Seven was the one who knew her completely, due to his hacking and background checking, but she was forever grateful that he kept it a secret between them both.

"The cat food commercial will begin its filming this week. I'm excited to see Zen in it.", Jaehee said excitedly.
"Did Jumin proceed with the cat ears?"
"Uhhh..... It's a concept question, I can't tell you anything."
"What! I really want to know!"
"Mr Han ordered me not to tell you, since he wants you to see the full completed campaign."

Ha Eun groaned in disappointment. Well, she can dig up info from Zen, the person in question. Unless all of them team up against her.

"I'm really worried about Zen since he really has a bad allergy. It's always sad to see the picture of the old party when he met Elizabeth 3rd.", continued Jaehee.

Ha Eun yelled in frustration. At least she got one photo from Seven in which he was sneezing funnily.

"How's everything going?", Jaehee asked.
"It was good, mostly same. But I feel good."
"Great. It's good that no fans has suspected you two as well."

Jaehee and her always careful thinking. Well, a person like Jaehee is important.

"And... What about your father?", Jaehee asked carefully.
"I..... Well, I still come home sometimes and I leave food for him, but we're not exactly communicating. I don't want to spark his anger, he'll hit and who knows what Hyun-oppa will react if he sees it. So, I usually just come and go."
"That's too bad, but I hope you make up soon. It's not impossible since Zen was able to do it too."
"I hope so."

Ha Eun gave a melancholic smile towards Jaehee.

---

It was the weekends, which means they can sleep ini as much as they want. Zen rolled to the bed, wanting to reach for his partner. But there was no one. His eyes jerked open.
The apartment was silent. No signs of Ha Eun, no notes on the fridge.
He reaches for his phone immediately and pushed a speed dial.

"Where are you?!"