Chapter 7

Jaehee scrolled through her phone, looking at Zen's new promotional photos for his new musical. All this time she thought she was a subjective fan, caring for Zen's career survival. She kind of regretted trying to talk Zen from devoting his life for the woman he loved. People grow with people, that's what Jaehee learnt from Zen and Ha Eun. His career got even better, well with the help of RFA, and he looked happier than before.

If they hadn't been together, what may have happened? Maybe Zen will be as stagnant as before.
She thought she was subjective enough, she just wanted Zen to have a smooth and successful career, nothing else, or so she thought. Of course Zen wouldn't look at her in a special way.

But when he called her yesterday, confiding his problems with her, it made her feel special in a small way. At least Zen needed her.

"Oh Jaehee, you picked up, I'm sorry for calling you at break time. I thought you'll be working in business hours."
"Zen, its fine. Is Ha Eun doing fine?"

She remembered cooking, using the bountiful ingredients she found in Zen and Ha Eun's fridge. Mr. Han's nutritionist would've approved such well-stocked home. Zen came home, not telling Jumin what happened. He said 'I met him, but I'll talk about it later'. He saw Jaehee cooking for Ha Eun a soft porridge. He was the one that tried to make her eat, with much care and love. Jaehee promised herself to not be jealous of the two.

She's trying hard.

"Yeah, she's all well today, but I made her stay in today just to make sure."
"Oh, that's good."
"But still, I really don't understand busy women like you two. She maybe in bed but she's reading foreign research report."
"Well, no rest for the wicked.", Jaehee said.

She realised the busy sound backing Zen's voice.

"Are you outside?"
"Oh yeah, I'm buying food. Can you believe it, Ha Eun just recovered, the one thing she wanted to eat was sweet and spicy pork and jjajjangmyeon. At least her appetite is back, so I'm letting her eat anything she wanted."
"You know you can just have them delivered right?"
"Oh... right. God, I'm so forgetful. I already bought them so...yeah."
"Don't you have work these 2 days?"
"I do, I missed a script reading, but I told them I was sick and to continue without me."

Jaehee felt something in Zen's voice, he was urging to talk about something.

"Zen, is there anything you like to talk about?", asked Jaehee.
"Yes. You know I told Ha Eun, I met her father,turns out there was a burglary in the neighbourhood so he changed the locks and everything was fine. But the truth is, everything is not fine. More like half-fine."
"What happened?"
"Her father was angry at her for running away like that. But I explained to him she has improved since she left, she became so much more and I need her after all. I couldn't afford not having her with me. So, I think he thought I was the one causing everything. I did apologized on Ha Eun's behalf, but I think he's angry at me now."
"That's complicated."
"I know right? I felt bad for hiding this from Ha Eun, lying to her. I couldn't talk with Jumin either, he's not the correct person. So, I looked for you."
"Well, for now, at least Ha Eun's dad is no longer angry at her right? Maybe he would let her in next time she visited. You won't be meeting her father in near time, right? We need to cool things down, maybe in the future he'll change his mind and everything will be just fine."

---

"Alright! Its lunch time everyone!"

All the shooting staff dispersed, a staff took Elizabeth 3rd away. Jumin approached Zen that was taking off his suit that he used for the shoot. He couldn't stand one more minute with the cat-fur invaded suit.

"I'm flattered Mr Chairman came to watch our shoot.", said Zen.
"Elizabeth 3rd is modelling for it, so of course I came."
"And you're not .... staying with her?"
"I wanted to let her rest before the next shoot."

Another staff came to Zen and Jumin with 2 lunchboxes and drinks. Jumin declined the lunchboxes, of course. Zen can see the embarrassment in the staff's face even though Jumin said he'll eat later. Yeah, Mr Chairman doesn't eat commoner food.
The dressing room was rather quiet, more because Jumin was there. Unless it was really important, no one dared to come in.

"I saw everyone puffing their cigarettes. You're not tempted?", asked Jumin.
"Oh no, I stopped for good. It's been a while. I'm also cutting down on the drinking, to the more moderate level."
"I should admit, that's amazing. Maybe you should share your secrets to the 'Wanna Stop Cigs' group that came to the party that time."

Zen chuckled, did Jumin just complimented him?

"You know it has to start from yourself. It was you wanted to stop, your own will."
"I was expecting it was the work of a certain someone."
"Ha Eun?", Zen smiled at the mention of her name," She did have a part."

Jumin saw Zen's eyes sparkling, he has always been like this whenever it's about Ha Eun, even though they were already together for almost 5 months. So, the term honeymoon phase doesn't apply to these two?, Jumin thought to himself.

"Before, even though I thought I stopped, there was still a part of me that doubted myself. I felt like I would really take out that small black box in a very depressing time. But then, Ha Eun said this 'children tend to not develop perfectly if their parents has an alcohol or cigarette background'."

Jumin shot a look at dreamy-state Zen, who is clearly unbothered and untouched.

"Is she.... Pregnant?", asked Jumin carefully.
"What? No.", Zen laughed at Jumin's expression," I asked her that too but she was the one that was more confused on how I got that conclusion. Well, anyways, I am now trying to live as healthy as I can."
"Good for you."
"I was always thinking for the two of us. But she made me think of the future. You know Jumin, you really need to find someone. It's the best thing that have ever happened to me."
"I have Elizabeth 3rd.", Jumin said sternly.
"It changes your way of seeing things. It makes you happy, having someone thinking of you, coming home to a loving embrace."
"I have Elizabeth 3rd for that."

Zen expected Jumin's answer, him and his obsession with Elizabeth 3rd.

"But you know, you can't do Elizabeth 3rd. Well, you can but you'll end up in psych ward or jail. You're not planning on staying single forever right? Who'll inherit C&R when you're old and wrinkly? Elizabeth 3rd? Jaehee?"

Jumin shot an annoyed look at Zen. He is clearly thinking of a comeback.

"No wonder people thought you were gay. You need a woman, Jumin. Oh, the things you can do and the wonders you'll experience."
"Get your impure thoughts away from me."

Zen cleared his lunch and left Jumin. Jumin can hear Zen's content laughter as he walk away.

---

The city was pouring with rain, Zen managed to borrow an umbrella from the stage house. The rain even toned down a bit when he exited, at least he's lucky.

That's when he saw Ha Eun, standing in front of their apartment building with an umbrella on her hand. She was just standing, looking at their apartment.

"Ha Eun?"
"Oh, oppa!"