Chapter 12.5

- Continuation of chapter 12 -

With a bang the door to the room was opened. Xue Yang had disheveled hair but he looked excited.

“A-Yang, i've told you before not to slam the doors.” As if having been popped he deflated and looked anxiously towards Xiao Xingchen who was calmly drinking his tea. Even A-Qing who wanted to laugh at him she kept quiet not wanting to be scolded herself.

“Ha..ha sorry” With a single motion he sat down in front of Xiao Xingchen allowing him to fix his hair.

“Cough..As I said i'll do it, what do you need help with.”

“We need to find a strong form of demonic energy- wait before that how, how did this happen?” Wei Wuxian couldn’t help feeling strange at the sight in front of him. Xue Yang who was such an evil youth was now tamed by Xiao Xingchen who was his biggest enemy.

“What do you mean? Xiao Xingchen is my childhood friend, he helped me leave the Jin clan when they were using me to use demonic cultivations for their dirty deeds.”

“Then what about Song Lan?”

“He’s currently at Baixue Temple and will be returning later tonight.” Although Xue Yang didn’t hesitate to speak his mind he was definitely different than the Xue Yang Wei Wuxian had known.

“So who takes it.” 

“Wei Wuxian!” Lan Wangji couldn’t help raising his voice in a warning tone, especially that children were around.

“Fine fine, Sizhui, can you take Jin Ling outside to treat his injury and help him cleanup, and A-Qing can you please get us more of these rice crackers, they're delicious.” A-Qing smiled happily at the praise. She had made the crackers and was happy at the praise since she didn’t trust the others that would tell her the burnt food she made was delicious. With a happy smile she exited the room and Lan Sizhui went outside with Jin Ling following close behind.

“Ok now who really takes it” A sigh escaped Lan Wangji who wanted to shut his lovers mouth preferably with his but went against it. ‘Shameless.’

The smile on Xue Yang's face dropped slightly but he could tell Xiao Xingchen was proud at knowing he turned the Gong into a Shou.

“So what im a shou I bet you take it up there also.” Without a single word the men in white only gave a nod in acknowledgement before glancing at their shou's dressed in black robes.

Poor Wen Ning decided to silently leave the room feeling awkward and lonely, yet when he saw Lan Sizhui holding Jin Ling’s hand on his cheek with an endearing look on his face and Jin Ling panicking he decided against that door and followed behind A-Qing to help her with the rice crackers.

A scream had them quieting their conversation and they rushed outside. Because of years of cultivation their hearing was better than the regular persons and were able to hear the screams coming from outside the town.

Everyone, including A-Qing and Lil Apple rushed to the location finding youth cultivators surrounded by corpses.

With swift blades Lan Wangji, Jin Ling, Wen Ning, Lan Sizhui and Xiao Xingchen quickly got rid of them while the other three turned their attention to the young cultivators.

“Why are young kids like you doing out here? Don’t you idiots know how dangerous it is out here for kids.”

Xue Yang wasn’t kind on his scolding while Wei Wuxian pulled out a kid from the crowd.

“You what's your name?”

“O-Ouyang Zizhen, I'm from the Bailing Ouyang sect.”

“Care to explain why you guys are out here without any Senior disciples watching over you?” Ouyang couldn’t help as he trembled, he was intimidated by Wei Wuxian especially his mask that cast a shadow on his face.

“Senior there are no older disciples, when we awoke everyone had disappeared even my father Sect Leader Ouyang.”

“Everyone from your clan? What about the other clans? I can spot a few Lan disciples, isn't old man Lan Qiren there?”

“N-No he is also gone, the Jin clan, Lan clan, Jiang clan and others have disappeared only leaving the few young disciples.”

Confused, Wei Wuxian told everyone to sit down and wait for the others to finish their battle to continue the conversation.

A-Qing took this chance to pass around the rice crackers she had cooked which everyone was greateful for.
Wei Wuxian noticed how Ouyang Zizhen blushed when his fingers brushed over A-Qing's for a moment and couldn't help thinking how innocent the young boy was.

My apologies dear readers, I was currently writing a Yizhan story that I might publish and couldn't stop writing (・_・;). However here is the continuation of chapter 12 I hope you enjoy!
-Z.B.