Chapter 16

Lan Wangji not wanting to let others see Wei Wuxian’s weakened self took him to his old room where he placed him down on his lap and pulled out Wangji to play the familiar song that he had created for his Wei Ying.

The melody of WangXian filled the silent room and slowly calmed Wei Wuxian down until he himself pulled out Chenqing and played along. Two different instruments mixed together so perfectly that the people outside the room were unable to knock on the door and only listened. 

Each note held meaning and deep emotions that could have brought people to tears and smiles. Jiang Yanli was the one who couldn’t help letting her tears fall. She had heard everything from Jiang Cheng, how not only had he struggled so much in his past life but Jiang Cheng didn’t want to tell him about this life.

Turning around to face her little brother she held tightly onto his robes. “A-Cheng, my dear little brother, I understand how much you want to protect him from knowing the past of this time line but hiding it won’t make it better. He will come to hate the people that betrayed him and almost took his life. I hope once he regains his memories you will tell him the truth.” Without another word she wiped her tears and made her way back to the banquet.

Lan Xichen watched silently as she left and only then decided to pull Jiang Cheng into his embrace when Jiang Yanli was nowhere to be seen.

“Um sorry to interrupt your moment but..I think I have an idea.” Nie Huaisang’s sudden appearance had them both separating quickly.

With an awkward cough Jiang Cheng turned his attention to the boy hiding behind the fan, who couldn’t help but feel embarrassed.

“What's your idea?”

“What if we stab Wei Wuxian-”

“You want to what!” Jiang Cheng’s sudden outburst had both Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji stepping out confused.

“What’s going on?”

“W-Wait that’s not what I meant..I mean not entirely, but if we stab Wei- Hee!” The almost ice-like blade appeared in front of Nie Huaisang who ran to hide behind his brother who had appeared besides Wen Ning and Wen Qing.

“Nie Huaisang explain yourself right now.” Nie Mingjue glared down at his brother who couldn’t decide if Bichen was sharper than his brother's glare.

“I was saying before H-Hanguang-Jun tried to skewer me that we should try inserting the Yin needle that we had received to get his powers back and maybe get the connection back with JianYu so we know who that masked guy was!” As he noticed he wasn’t turned into minced meat he breathed a breath of relief.

“You know that’s not a bad idea, does anyone have one of those what you call them Yin needles?” Making sure he got it right he turned to Lan Wangji who confirmed he was right.

“I do.” Wen Qing showed him the Yin needle that appeared to them as a White Jade hairpin. “I'm getting stabbed with this?”

“Wei-gongzi, when you took out the needle it was made of Yang energy that could have turned into demonic energy, but you pushed it into your body only to later have it appear as Yin energy.”

With a deep breath he held the Yin needle in his hand.

“No.”

“Hell no.” 

“Jiang Cheng language there are children.” Wei Wuxian pointed to the three boys that appeared without anyone noticing. “Whatever Jin Ling has heard worse.”

‘Ah there’s the grumpy Jiang Cheng I know.’ A faint smile formed on his face as he turned to the boy in gold. “The vermillion mark, the flashy golden robes..you’re definitely from the Lanling Jin clan.” Wei Wuxian stepped closer and examined the young boy who couldn’t help feeling slightly hurt his uncle forgot about him. “This face..no way that damn peacock had a kid.”