Chapter 17

“I caused everyone's death and the destruction of Lotus Pier. I was selfish and wanted to protect everyone, but in the end I only hurt people.” With trembling hands he gripped the white robes, wishing Lan Wangji was next to him.

Without being able to look at his brother he stopped hiding everything. He only decided to hide the golden core transfer believing it wasn’t necessary. 

A pained laugh was forced out of Jiang Cheng as he looked at Wei Wuxian. He knew he couldn’t resent him because the him in this time line had his family with him and seeing the pitiful Wei Wuxian he couldn’t lash out at him for his mistakes.

“Ok, I guess it’s my turn.”

14 years ago-

In less than 2 years the repairs to Lotus Pier had been completed yet there were no signs of Wei Wuxian anywhere. Jiang Cheng had been meeting with other clan leaders to take down Wen Chao and the rest of the Wens until a girl and a boy wearing Wen sect clothing appeared at one of their meetings. 

Wen Qing stood tall even when they glared at her and her brother. “We can help you take down Wen Rhuohan and Wen Chao, soon they will start an attack and force the other sects to bow before them by using demonic cultivation.” All around the room harsh whispers went around before someone spoke.

“Why do you want to help us?”

“We originally detest Wen Chao and Wen Ruohan, he treats the poor people like trash and even tries to take advantage of the poor woman in Nightless city. If both of them are gone I will be the next Wen to inherit the clan.” After a long time of talking with the sect they were soon convinced that Wen Qing and Wen Ning were kind people that would change the Qishan Wen Sect.

“Wen Qing, Wen Ning...have either of you seen my brother Wei Wuxian?”

Wen Ning was the one who nodded. “I had befriended Wei-gongzi before this happened and had seen him...being placed into the torture room. I did my best to give him medicine to heal his wounds..but they didn’t stop, I might not know all of the details but.. he's gone through alot.” 

By now Jiang Cheng was trembling in anger and the rest of the sects felt a cold chill pass through them. 

Lan Wangji who had been silent the whole time stormed out of the room. His emotions were a mess and he wanted nothing more than to go and rescue Wei Wuxian.

No later than a week the Wen siblings had returned with bad news. 

Rage filled their bodies as they heard ‘We heard from the guards that Wei Wuxian had been thrown down a cliff a long time ago and his body couldn’t be found, only suibian remained as a prize to Wen Chao.’

“It’s time to attack, there's no point in waiting any longer.” Lan Xichen placed a hand on Jiang Cheng’s shoulder as he kept an eye on his brother who held anger in his eyes.

The day that the battle commenced Wen Chao and Wang LingJia hid away from everyone. 

“Wen Chao w-what if that Wei whatever comes back and haunts me.” Wang LingJia had been having nightmares of being eaten alive by fierce corpses and the one leading them was Wei Wuxian.

“Stupid woman he’s dead! What will his spirit come and do, knock a vase over? Or curse you for the rest of your life?” Feeling annoyed he pushed away his mistress who landed on the ground. Wen Chao had, had enough of her and was ready to move onto another woman. 

“Watch her and make sure she doesn’t get out.” 

With those final words he left the room that was filled with evil spirit expeling talisman. Wang LingJia felt herself panick but forced herself to calm down by drinking tea. Yet as she served the hot liquid into her cup the strong scent of blood entered her nose. In the porcelain tea cup was the fresh red liquid causing her to scream and almost vomit in disgust.