A lost soul

A/N: Hi loves! Hope everyone is being safe and sound!

This chapter gets a little chaotic but sadly, things will only get a lot worse for the poor baby before they get a lot better!

I hope you like this one!

WARNING: MENTION OF BRIEF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"It's a date!"

Team's exclamation had Win frozen in his tracks. No one had ever offered to take him on a date, he couldn't decide if Team was taking him out because he felt bad for Win after Manow's tantrum or because he actually wanted to. After a few minutes of wrecking his brain, Win decided to give a slow nod.

'It's just ice cream...what harm can it do..'

The two walked together in a comfortable silence. But Win was feeling uneasy by the second like there was something ominous lurking in the shadows and he hoped to god that it wasn't the case, praying with all his might that nothing bad was going to happen. He was so lost in his thoughts that he almost didn't hear Team calling out his name,

"Hia!!"

Win turned around to face the younger male, his once focused stupor broken,

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to walk there or should we drive?"

The smile Team offered him was melting his heart,

"If it's close by we can walk right? I.. uh.. I don't drive anymore"

Team's face was still wearing the same adorable expression,

"Don't be ridiculous Hia.. I asked you so I want to be the one to drive you there... let's go"

Before Win could comprehend what was happening, Team took a hold of his wrist, gently dragging him towards the parking lot.

Once in the car Win heard Team letting out a sigh as he turned to face him.

"Hia... I want to apologise for what Manow said"

The younger held up a hand at the telltale signs of an oncoming objection,

"No please let me.. I know you said it's okay but it is not.. She had no right to say things like that and I know it hurt you. I'm so sorry Hia.."

Once again Win felt like his heart was on the brink of exploding from fond... 

"Team it's not your fault. Furthermore it's not something I haven't heard before. Things like that don't bother me anymore. So let's let it go and go find ourselves some ice cream okay?"

He watched as Team nodded, seemingly willing to drop it. They didn't talk as Team was driving but thankfully it wasn't an awkward silence.

Win had never met a person before who could make him feel the things he felt. Even when in complete silence it was still so comfortable, it felt as though they had known each other for a lifetime.

He wasn't gonna lie about what Manow said either, it pained him so much to hear the things she said directly to his face but he had gotten used to it in the past. But hearing the same thing in front of Team had him feeling ashamed for some reason...may be it was because he didn't want the younger man to think low of him...

"We're here! Let's go!"

Team's happy exclamation took him out of his train of thoughts, nodding, Win undid the seatbelt and got out of the car, timidly following the younger man inside. He watched in adoration as Team excitedly jumped around pointing at various flavours, finally ending with a mint chocolate chip for Team and a Bubblegum flavour for Win.