My Pain: Chapter Seventeen.

"Salam" we hear Kamal's voice.

When we came out of the kitchen the two were already sitting around a table. I pull up two chairs and put it at the table for meenah and I.

"So....Is that how you two work? Leaving the office by 4:30?" Amina asks smiling.

"It's just thirty minutes early. Thank god you called I needed to rest a bit before I get back to that troublesome woman I'm married to". Kamal says before he collects Meema and sits back.

"You're quiet" Amina says to Ya Abdullahi who just sat down looking around.

"Just watching".
"Really? Watching what exactly? It's good to see you looking normal".

He laughs, something he hasn't done in a very long time.
"Normal? Then what were you expecting?"

"Maybe you'd be frowning a little. Anyway..." she enters the kitchen and comes back with a tray containing 4 pieces of cake. "Chocolate for Kaamal, Red velvet for Abdullahi and both for Subby and I". She says putting a plate in front of us all.

"You still remember my favorite" Ya Abdullahi smiles.
"I know everyone's favorites".

"Why is half her hair still not braided?" Kamal asks when he takes off Meema's cap.

"While I was braiding it she fell asleep, I knew if I continued she would wake up so I just let her sleep instead".

"Isn't she too young for that?" Ya abdullahi asks.
"It's just box braids" she says defensively.

"Box? That's a hairstyle?"
"Yes it is and it won't hurt her hair either".

"Really? How sure are you?" he keeps talking trying to annoy her.
"I'm her mother I know it, I won't do anything that will hurt her".

"I never said that".
Kamal and I turn around and look at each other before looking back at them.

"I never said you hurt her" He says with a smirk.
"Then what were you implying then?"

"That it might be harsh on her delicate head"
"And I know that, that's why I don't braid her hair, box braids barely count as braiding".

"Meenah? Then what do you call it if not braids?"
She stays quiet thinking.

"It's getting late we all need to get home, you all do too" she says backing away from the conversation. "You should all take your packages and go to your various houses.

Kamal laughs, picks up his package" Well I'll be outside with Meema, if you're done getting everything in the car you can come take her". He walks out playing with the baby.

"I never knew Ya Kamal liked children this much" I say giggling.
"I know right" Ya Abdullahi says back.

"I want to go talk to him, join me outside" I jog out.

..

"They have been talking for over 20mins, what could they be possibly talking about?" I ask.

Ya Kamal was too busy playing with the girl he didn't even hear a word.

They both come out laughing.
"I have been waiting for you, I doubt Ya Kamal minds though".

"Sorry, lost track of time" she tries to take Meema but the girl grabs onto Ya Kamal's shirt.
"Wow!" Ya Abdullahi laughs "I like her".

"Of course you do". She takes the child.
"I'm fine either way" Kamal says getting in the car.

...

After warming up Meenah's package for me I went to my bedroom, wore my vest and shorts, got my laptop and started watching Nurses. Hameeda says it's crazy interesting.

Until my phone starts ringing.

What?! What's wrong?

What did you talk about with Abdullahi today?

Nothing much, why are you asking?

He has been in a jolly mood since he got back. It's seriously unlike him.

Now that I think about it, he and I barely exchanged two words. But they kept talking with Amina, he kept Teasing her.

Teasing? Aminah? He doesn't even tease you but he's Teasing her.

They have always been so close. Just like she is with Ya Kamal.

So he's happy after talking to her?

I know you so don't misunderstand anything. Anyway, let's talk tomorrow.

I end the call before she could say anything to avoid any further conversation.

...

Aminah's POV.

I huff.
Halim is sitting in his study going through some files. After everything with Abdullahi I have decided to tell Halim about our past relationship before he finds out.

I walk in, he immediately raises his head.
"What's up?"

"Nothing much" I say with a frown.
"Want to talk?"

I nod.
He walks over, holds my hand and sits me down on the couch next to him.
"Have you already put Meema to sleep?"
"Yeah, she's sound asleep".

"So? What's wrong?"
"There is something I didn't tell you, I know sometimes things like this never come up in relationships because they are in the past but this case is different".

"What?" he asks worriedly.
"I never told you because I thought it didn't matter but its gets more and more disturbing everyday".

"Amina what is it? You're making me anxious"
"Abdullahi. We dated" I say and stay quiet to see his reaction.

He wasn't surprised but he frowned.
"When?"
"It was way back, its all in the past"

"You don't have to get worked up, it's all in the past now. And to be honest, I just thought he had feelings for you but I never imagined it".
"You suspected he liked me?"

"But I know he means nothing to you, he still has feelings?"
"I'm not so sure about it".

He wraps his arm around my shoulder "Don't worry, it's all in the past now. You're married and he's married too".

"Whether he got married or not, there is really nothing to get worried about" I say word for word, I just want him to understand that Abdullahi is just like a brother.

"I know. I do".

"I'm glad".

..