My Pain: Chapter Nineteen.

Suhaiba.

"Suhaiba!" Atiq calls me.
"Na'am".

"Your friend is here to see you"

I quickly run out of the kitchen.
When I enter the living room I see Umaima standing by the door while Atiku was watching TV on the couch.

"You didn't ask her to sit?"
"She said she'll stand" he says back not even looking at me.

"Let's go to my room".
"I don't have time for that. Tell me...Did you know?" She asks with tears in her eyes.

"Know what?"
"That Amina and Abdullahi dated?"

"What?" I laugh "Amina and Abdullahi never dated".
"Don't laugh its not funny, I saw it with my eyes. A picture and a voice note".

"Are you serious?"
"Today he was in a hurry to get to work he forgot to shut down his laptop, when I went through his laptop there were only pictures of he and Amina, not even yours or his parents. Just a picture they took together and this..." she brings out her phone and starts playing a recording.

Abdullahi I'm home with my mum now but I'll be there soon. We have a club activity in school anyway so I have an excuse. I miss you so much. I'll meet you there darling, I love you!

I freeze.
"They dated?" I ask.
"You heard it yourself. I'm going to go see her now".

"No don't! She's at work right now, I think Halim is the only one at home right now and I doubt he knows. Just wait for her there and don't create a scene".

"I'm going to tell him what kind of woman he married" she storms out.
I flop on the couch still trying to wrap my head around it.

"I can't believe she didn't tell me".

"Don't do that". Atiku says looking at me.
"Do what?"
"She doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation. She's married now and that's all in the past so she doesn't have to explain anything, it's better you go and talk to her calmy".

He was right, I can't push her.

...

Abdullahi.

Going through the files on my table looking for my vibrating phone.

I smile when I finally find it.

Hello?

If you told her then why do I have to pay for it?

What are you talking about?

Didn't you tell Umaima that we dated?

No I didn't.

Are you sure? Because Halim just called and told me that your wife just left my house, apparently she went there to personally tell him that we dated.

What?!

He was worried about what she might do next so he called immediately she left.

I can't believe this. The good thing is that you already told him.

Exactly.

Don't worry I'll settle it. I'm sorry.

It's okay, just talk to her and explain it before she does something stupid.

Okay. Bye.

I'm going to strangle that woman. She's going to ruin everything just when things were getting into place.