Chapter 5 (jack)

So he likes me back... That's a first. I haven't told my parents that I'm bisexual yet..... Im worried they what happened to my sister's  friend might happen to me. Her parents kicked her out and she had to go and live with her aunt in Colorado. I don't have an aunt In Colorado. Let alone and aunt.  so where would I go? I think for a few minutes. As I'm about to open my mouth to speak, Zach looks at me "would you ever consider going out with me?" he asked shyly, his cheeks turning a even darker shade of red.

"I don't know..." I answered and he nodded.

"Ok.. It's totally fine if you don't wa-"

"I will" i interrupted

His face lit up and he smiled "you will?"

"I will. But I'll have to tell my parents that we're just.... Friends.. "

"Oh... Right.... Forgot that your parents ar-." he stopped himself talking mid sentence,probably realising that saying that my parents were homophobic dummies would probably offend me. He'd said it multiple times and I'd told him to..you know..cut them some slack....I had always been quite intent on sticking up for my parents. If someone said something about them being homophobic or something I'd usually say something about how my parents were quite traditional or something along those lines. But really it bothered me. I was scared. If I told them I liked guys at all they'd probably kick me out. And I'd be stuck with my non existent aunt in Colorado. 

"Hm?"

"Never mind"

I nodded "ok... Well do you wanna stay at my house tonight? We can talk about this properly then"

"Yeah sure" Zach agreed. Then we both fell silent.

The awkward silence interrupted by Emma, who walked in, cleared her throat loudly, gaining our attention, the said "the rest of us are gonna head home now" I nodded "Zach do you need a lift home? " she looked at Zach, who shook his head

"It's ok. I'm gonna catch a ride with jack"

Emma nodded walked over, and pecked Zach on the cheek "ok. Well I'll see you on Sunday" she said, smiling.

"Ok bye bye" Zach waved as Emma and the others left.

My room was a little messy. There was a bunch of sweaters on the floor. I had been going through them the previous night after school. I asked my mum if Zach could stay the night and she said she would allow it and then didn't really bother us and went back to her work. "Is that enough blankets?" I asked Zach, who looked up at me and smiled. "Jack it's fine"

"But are you sure? You might be cold. It gets reall-"

"Jack... It's fine" he interjected

I sighed and nodded. I honestly couldn't help but smile. I sat. Next to him on his mattress on the floor next to my bed. "So..."

"So...?"

There was another awkward second of silence. "Um....." Zach looked at me "so you will go out with me at some point right?"

I smiled "yeah of course I will.....buuuuut...."

"Butttt...?"

"I'm 17, you're 18"

"Yeah and?"

"Technically, I'm a minor, you're not"

"oH- soooo....."

"We technically can't date..... But I don't really care about that"

Zach smiled "wOw. ReBel" he laughed, causing me to laugh also.

"I'm a ReBeL" I said, still laughing like a crazy person.

I looked up toward the window. "Woah it's already dark" I pointed out. The time had gone so quickly. Probably because we were talking so much. "Oh yeah. What time is it?" he asked

"11:30"

"Oops. Didn't realise how quick that went"

"But We're rEbElS we can stay up as long as we want" I giggled

"Yeah" Zach smiled "so......"