Chapter 10 (zach)

I was finally out of detention. I weaved my way through the crowd of students on their way to class and to my locker. i undid my lock and pulled the locker open just before i heard a quiet bang and then creak of the bathroom door, which startled me, causing me to quickly turn around. And there was Jack, his face splotchy and red, his eyes puffy. He wiped at his tears with his sleeve. "Jack?" He looked up at me, bleary eyed and sniffing. He stared for a while, Maybe waiting for people to leave, before walking quickly across the room and burying his face in my shoulder. "Jack, what's wrong?"
I wrapped my arms around his trembling body, as he stifled a sob. "Someone outed me.." he choked out.
"What?! Who?!"
"I-i don't know!" He coughed and pulled away from the embrace "I only ever tood you and Daniel" he wailed, sinking down against the lockers.
"It'll be alright, J" I assured him "let me just text Daniel. Im gonna ask if he can let
Mr Waters know we're not in class for a valid reason"
"The whole school knows now.." he mumbled, pulling his knees to his chest.
"Hey" i crouched beside him and wiped away a tear with the pad of my thumb. "We'll figure this out together, J"

After Daniel had agreed to tell our teacher why we weren't in class, i sat beside Jack against the locker and placed a hand on his shoulder. A year nine girl pushed the locker bay door open, glancing over at us on her way to the bathroom. Jack, in response to this, tucked his head into his knees. A few more minutes passed and the door swung open again. I looked up to see Mr Waters coming toward us. He waved his hand in a gesture for me to come over to where he stood. I scrambled to my feet and walked over to him. "You go to class, Zach. I'll talk to him." He whispered turning to go to where Jack sat against the wall. "But-" i began only to be waved off.
"Go" he instructed. I glanced over at Jack who stared back at me. I waved and sent him a sympathetic look before turning around to exit the locker room and go to class.

Heads turned as I walked into the science common and sat at my seat among 4 other people, who also sat at my assigned table group. I hated being late only because everyone stared at me. I rotated my seat so i could see out the window to be greeted by the sight of large red letters spelling out a sentence.
Jack Avery is a- Oh no. Oh god no. The Y in Avery was smaller and lower down then the other letters probably because there wasn't enough space and the E had been crossed out and redone. I sighed. Poor Jack. He didn't deserve this. I was so busy thinking almost what was happening, that I almost jumped out of my skin when i felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, so quickly the my elbow connected with thst of Daniel's. "ow." He said flatly.
"Sorry"
"Wheres Jack?" He asked, looking around the room, his eyes scanning over the other students. "I dunno. Mr Waters was talking to him and sent me back here."
"Oh. Is he alright?"
"Would you be alright?"
"No?"
"Then no. He is miserable." I said, with a sigh.

You might like my dorbyn book, eh?