•6•

Both boys stare at each other in shock, not knowing what to say. Mrs. Jeon notices the stares and was the one to break the silence between both boys. "Have you two met before?" Taehyung looks at Mrs. Jeon and back at Jungkook, unsure of what to say.

"Y-yes. We happened to bump into each other the other day but didn't talk." Jungkook responds as he begins walking to his seat. Jungkook takes the empty seat in front of Taehyung and tries his best to avoid eye contact with the boy who was looking right at him without care.

"Ah, good to meet you Jungkook! We were just talking about you. Your parents seem to be really proud of you, young man." Mr. Kim says, the other two adults nodding in agreement. Jungkook smiles in acceptance of the compliment and looks back at his plate which was now full of food.

"Everything okay now sweetheart?" Mrs.Jeon asks her son, rubbing his back in comfort. Jungkook nods yes with a smile.

"Ah, Jungkook! I know you said you both saw each other last time but this is my son, Kim Taehyung." Mr. Kim looks over at his son, who was still coldly staring at Jungkook. "Son? You alright?" Mr. Kim questions, lightly shaking his son's shoulder to gain his attention. Taehyung looks at his father, realizing he was awaiting his response.

"Yes, I'm fine. Hello, I'm Kim Taehyung, the apparent successor to the Kim business." Jungkook looks at the boy in front of him, unsure of what to say.

This is who he would be marrying?

This ducking douche bag who acted like a napkin the other day?

THIS IS HIM??

Jungkook clears his throat and begins to take bites of his food while the adults continued conversing. Every once in a while, Jungkook would look at the boy in front of him who would either be eating, joining the conversation, or simply staring at him with his cold expression.

"So, why don't we go to another room to discuss the details of this arrangement?" Mr. Jeon suggests. "Plus, it would be great to leave our boys here to get to know each other in the meantime." Jungkook freezes at the sentence.

He didn't want to be alone with Taehyung.

"Hey, dad-" "I think that would be a great idea," Taehyung says, interrupting Jungkook's sentence. He looks over at Jungkook and smiles, which only freaked out the boy more.

"Well, we will be in the other room. You boys know where to find us if there is anything you need." Mr. Kim replies, being delighted with the way his son was acting. Mr. Jeon and his wife lead the way, with Taehyung's father following behind. As soon as the door closes, Taehyung is the first to say something.

"So you're Jeon Jungkook Huh?" Jungkook stays mute, rolling his eyes at the tone coming from the boy.

"And you're the arrogant Kim Taehyung hm?" Jungkook finally says, causing a chuckle to come from Taehyung. Taehyung stands and walks to the big windows to look at the people walking below him going about their day.

"I believe so, everyone seems to call me that apparently," Taehyung says from his position, Jungkook still being in his chair.

"Apparently? Just like you're the apparent successor to your father's business?" Taehyung turns around and walks up behind Jungkook.

"I mean, I don't want to be the successor but what choice do I have?" Taehyung replies, noticing the boy's stiff posture. "You scared of me?"

"There's always a choice," Jungkook coldly says, ignoring the previous question. Taehyung let's out a sigh and laughs at the boy's ignorance.

"Incorrect Jungkook. Right now, I don't have a choice. There are always circumstances to consider when making a choice." Taehyung leans down until his mouth is next to Jungkook's ear. "But wouldn't you know about that?"