Chapter two

benny opened the door to the nurses room, there was three beds separated with blankets. this is what i get for privacy in this hellhole.

"sasha, mathews here thinks he got another broken nose" benny said to nurse jennings as he held open the door for me to walk inside. i did as he insisted and walked towards the nurse.

"sweatheart if you don't stop breaking your nose it's going to be permanently sideways" sasha said, she was around middle aged and no doubt the kindest and sweetest person in this building.

"i know, i know" i said as i sat down on one of the beds.

she faced benny. "you can wait outside or go patrol...or whatever you do, he might be here for a while" she said waving her hand to make benny leave.

he did as she said and left the room. sasha placed a finger on either side of my nose. i winced in pain and shut my eyes tightly.

"oh boy, this ones rough." she took her fingers away and examined it. "it's gonna be a big bruise, what happened?"

i shrugged "one of the school bullies" i chuckled and looked up at her. she was so nice to me. sometimes i'd fake sick just to come here and talk with her, those were my favourite moments.

"ah, i see." she said. she reached into her medical kit and pulled out a cotton pad and alcohol, "now were just gonna clean the cuts on your lip, it might sting a little." she said, her voice was like melted chocolate, so smooth, so soothing.

she put the cotton pad on the top of the alcohol bottle and tipped the bottle upside down, the liquid ran onto the pad. she quickly dabbed it onto my face and around any wounds. she then grabbed a rag and soaked it in warm water in her small sink that was placed against the wall.

she rubbed it gently around my face to get the blood off my nose and mouth area. "i'm going to have to get you a breathing strip doll." she said as she threw the blood stained rag in the trash.

"yes ma'am, anything you say goes" i said smiling "try and make sure my nose looks good, it's my pride and joy" i add.

"now, i'm not a plastic surgeon" she said with a smile "i'll try my best." she placed a two fingers on either side of my nose "this might hurt" she said as she snapped my nose back into the straight position.

"oh fuck!" i shouted and felt my eyes water. i shut them quickly and clenched my jaw.

"swear" sasha said. we have this thing if i swear she says 'swear' and i have to give her a cigarette.

"yeah yeah" i said reaching into my back pocket and pulling out a cigarette and placing it on the table next to the bed.

sasha smiles and grabbed a strip for my nose and placed it on, along with another one "we'll need two for this one" she said. she walked to the sink and washed her hands, scrubbing them roughly. "now, all done" she says as she opens the drawer in her large table of supplies.

i get off the bed and walk towards her "do you have the stuff?" i said looking over her shoulder.

she pulls a thick book out of the drawer and hands it to me. "yes, here is all three 'fifty shades of grey' books in one." she whispered to me.

i took it from her and smiled "thank you nurse" i smiled and patted her head. "and thanks for the nose work too" i added still smiling.

she nodded and closed the drawer "put that under your pillow to read at night when you get bored" she said leaning against the table.

"got it" i said as i put the book in my jumpsuit to hide it. if one of the inmates saw me carrying around a fucking fifty shades book i would be killed.

i waved goodbye to her and walked towards the door. i was met with benny, he looked me over then looked at my nose "she did a good job," he said "now let's stop by your cell so you can get changed for rec" he added.

i nod and i walk to my cell, benny follows close behind me. "i don't understand why i need you to look after me, i ain't gonna escape" i laugh.

"well you never know" benny said shoving his thumbs in his belt once again. we reached my cell, benny took out his keys and unlocked it, "be quick" he said closing the cell behind me as i walked in.

i pulled the book out and shoved it into my pillow case, i took off my jumpsuit and put on a white t-shirt that they give us for rec. i grab the orange pants and slip them on.

i glance at the mirror that was drilled into the wall, my nose looks great. minus the swelling. i look closer at my hair "fuck" i mumble to myself. the permanent blue colour is finally coming out. my roots are turning blond.

"any chance someone can dye my hair in this place?" i yell out to benny.

"this ain't no palace matthews, clocks tickin" he says.

"alright jesus." i say, i ruffle up my hair and walk out of the cell.

benny brings me out to the rec station outside. there is a basketball court set up in the corner of the area guarded by the barbed wire fence.
picnic tables were in a another corner, and weight benches and skipping ropes in the other.

i usually just come out here to play poker and get cigs. i wave to benny and smile but he just glared at me and closes the door. i laugh and walk towards the picnic table where nick sat.

"hey man" i say as i slide a leg on one side and keep my other leg on the other side.

nick turns to me "your nose looks great, mommy sasha fixed you right good" he said laughing, making the rest of the people at the picnic table laugh.

i shook my head and chuckled "oh shut up" i said. "who's dealing?" i ask looking around the table.

the usual poker boys sat around. nick, me, mike, kevin and andrew. mike shuffled the cards and looked at us all "i'll deal" he said quietly.

his voice scared me, it was rough and harsh. it sounded like he had really bad lungs...probably from all the smoking that he's been doing.

mike delt two cards to each player. i had queen of spades, and ace of spades. "so what're we playing?"

"texas hold'em" mike spoke up. "get your cigs ready boys, you're all going down" he added with a belly chuckle.

the next chapter will be about the poker game, and maybe i'll slip a little surprise in there.

but for now i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

¡COMMENT AND VOTE!
~AngelX