Chapter three

there was at least eight of us at the picnic table, four on each side. everyone held their cards up to their face to make sure the other players couldn't see them. "come on boys, put in your money" mike said pulling out a couple packs of cigarettes.

i placed a pack in front of me. i glanced at my cards and a smile formed on my face quickly.
'queen of spades and ace of spades' i thought to myself slyly smirking.

we are two minutes into the game, three guys have already folded their cards, kevin raised the amount of cigarette packs at least two times along with mike.

mike then placed three cards in the center of the picnic table. "this is known as the flop boys." he said looking at me from above his cards.

nick looked over to me but i turned away "no peakin" i said chuckling.

the cards mike had laid down were queen of clubs, nine of hearts and jack of diamonds. together on the table there was at least 100$ worth of cigarettes. it was me, nick, mike, kevin
and another guy left in the game of poker.

kevin folded his cards leaving just four of us left. i raised my cigarette packs the guy i didn't know folded his cards as well.

me, nick and mike. i got this.

mike then lays out another card, ace of hearts. "this is known as the turn"

"check" nick says peaking over his cards at the piles of cigarettes.

"bet" mike said raising the cigarette pile more.

"call" i said i said adding to the raise.

another minute passes of us going around and raising the price. mike then flips over another card onto the middle of the table. ace of diamonds. "this is the last card, the river" mike said smirking at nick and i.

mike goes all in and bets every cigarette pack he owned. he must be pretty confident.

nick immediately folds his cards "alright boys. i'm out" he laughed and looked at me "get the money" he whispered, chuckling softly.

i call, mike and i add our last packs of cigarettes to the pile. there is now about 800$ worth of cigarettes.

mike flips his cards over, he has a full house.

the winner is the player with the best five card hand made with any combination of the seven possible cards, the two hole cards, which are the hand held ones and the five community cards, which are the ones in the middle of the table.

i flip my cards over revealing them to mike.

his face was fucking priceless. nicks eyes widened "you won man!" nick yelled at me while laughing with excitement.

i high-fived nick then gathered the pile of cigarettes. "i can't take all these." i said "i don't have enough hands" i added and looked around at the guys.

i shared out the cigarette packs and looked at mike. "good game brother" he said shaking my hand and smiling.

"damn right" i said smiling and standing up from the picnic table.