Once It Begins

Lemon Boy - Cavetown

Drawing of Karumashi ^

"alright, get in the car before we leave you behind," Aizawa crossed his arms over his chest, light heartedly glaring at the small green haired boy looking over a small box. The box was slung around his shoulder using a reinforced back pack strap. The box was a simple dark grey with neon blue lightning bolts shifting around in a glitching motion.

"alright alright, I just got finished debugging it anyway, c'mon Karuma," Izuku started hopping down the steps, closely followed by the small cat like creature. "the exam starts in fifteen, it's a five minute drive which will give you ten minutes to get settled," Aizawa explained, leading the boy to the car that Present Mic and Shinso were sitting in.

"Thanks," Izuku muttered as Shinso handed him a warm coffee once he buckled his seat belt. "no problem, I know how you get when anxious, you need a coffee," Shinso smirked at the small pout playing at Izuku's lips. "your doing the hero course exam arn't you, Shinso?" Izuku questioned, tilting his head in thought.

Shinso nodded with a small smile, running his hand through Karumashi's silky 'fur'. Karuma had been keeping itself visible to everyone for a few weeks now, ever since Izuku opened up to the family of three, Karuma's confidence had risen.

"so Midoriya, did you take your meds?" Izuku sighed at the stern face Yamada wore. "n-no..." Izuku whispered, fiddling with his hands in his lap anxiously. Aizawa sighed, opening the glove box as they pulled into the staff parking lot at UA. "don't forget to take them before the exam, we don't want you panicking," Aizawa frowned, handing the pill bottle to the small boy.

"ok," Izuku nodded, hopping out of the car with Karuma draped around his shoulders.

Both Izuku and Shinso walked through the gates of the overly large school, both talking about one thing or another. "so dad ended up using his capture weapon to strap pops to the chair, pops learnt not to overwork himself," Shinso finished with a deep frown. "he used to be awful in stressful situations, skipping meals just to finish work that wasn't due for another week," Izuku nodded, looking at a small group of girls not looking where they were going.

"Karuma," Izuku whispered, "could you keep an eye on those girls, they might trip," he breathed out quietly as the whispy cat nodded. Izuku watched it bound over to the group just as a girl with bright pink hair and skin tripped on a small rock while walking backwards.

He sighed in relief, much to Shinso's confusion, as Karuma cushioned her fall with a soft yelp. "oh shit- I'm so sorry, awe, are you alright little guy," the girl apologised quickly, hoping up from the floor with a sheepish smile.

Shinso followed behind Izuku as they made their way towards the group. "good job Karuma," Izuku whispered, petting the creature on the head with a small smile. He looked up from his crouched down position to the group of four girls, one being the pink girl with yellow horns, the other being a girl with purple hair who was holding the hand of a spikey black haired girl. The final girl was invisible, the only indicator that she was there, was the fact there was floating clothes.

"hey there, is this your cat?" the pink skinned girl asked, Izuku nodded hesitantly. Shinso could sense his friends anxiety, so he decided to step in. "we need to get going to the exam before we're late, let's go Mido," Shinso smiled softly at the girls before gently pulling the greenette along with him.

"don't forget to take your meds, please stay safe," Shinso fussed as the pair stood outside of the hero course exam hall. Izuku huffed, nodding his head while giving the taller a small hug before shooting down the hall.

Izuku made it to the exam hall two minutes early, quickly taking the furthest seat from anyone else as he waited patiently for the announcement to start.

The R-rated hero Midnight stepped onto the stage, pulling up the power point with a wide smirk. Not even five minutes in, Izuku was hit with the mental reminder to take his anxiety meds.

Quietly, he pulled the pill bottle from his small black bag, shaking one onto his palm and taking it dry, gaining a horrified yet intrueged look from a pink dreadlock girl next to him. She slowly pointed to the bottle, "what are those..." she asked, Izuku simply showed her the label reading anxiety medication. She nodded her head with a reasurring smile as they turned back to the presentation.

"and you!" Izuku jumped at the sudden shout, "stop making so much noise, it's annoying and distracting, eating food in the middle of an important presentation is disgraceful," a boy with dull silver hair accused.

Izuku stuttered for words as the pink haired girl beside him glared daggers at the boy. "well excuse me for intruding, but he was barely making any noise, stop sticking your nose in his business," she snapped, making the boy apologise and sit back down quickly.

Not long after, the explanation of the exam had ended. It was a little different to the hero course, seeing as they had to fight against a wider variety of robots in many different weather scenarios. Izuku, with his newly built invention, was fairly confident on his chances, but there was still that lingering fear of failure he could never quite shake.