chapter 8

The present day,

It was sunday so everyone was at home. Sheetal has also returned from her friend's house and was as usual clinging to Arnav much to his annoyance. Arnav could see a sly smile which was plastered on her face since the time she came.

And soon he got to know the reason behind her smile when Anjali called him. He could sense something bad is going to happen and soon he found out that his instincts were true. His di called him and asked him about Khushi. He didnt tell her about Khushi but maybe Sheetal did. God knows what stories Sheetal might have made up that di was now telling him to return Delhi asap and marry that Sheetal.

He was happy during his stay in Mumbai and there were enough reasons for him to stay happy. Firstly, he had met his childhood friend with whom he was really close. Second, he was away from his family. Yes, he feels suffocated now a days when he is with his family. Either they will talk about how good Sheetal is and he should marry him or about other family problems which he was least interested in hearing. And last but not the least, he was happy because he could see Khushi staying in Mumbai.

He has realized that no matter how much he tries, he cannot stop liking her. He used to think about her everyday during these five damn years. Everyday he tried to hate her,  forget about her but at the end of the day he failed, everytime.

When he was asked no actually forced to marry Sheetal, he said that he needed sometime. And then he got this deal for which he had to come to Mumbai. So he told that he will marry her after coming back from Mumbai. In this pretex, he thought that he would figure out something to break the alliance. But after meeting Khushi he was so lost in his own thoughts that he forgot about that. "Damn it."

Arnav was actually in a bad mood because of the call.
He was lost in his thoughts when he saw Khushi running down from stairs and slipped." Aahhh.....", she shouted. Khushi was waiting for the hard stair to hit her back but she suddenly felt someone holding her. She opened her eyes a bit and saw Arnav standing holding her. Khushi composed herself and stood up.

Arnav-" Khushi are you okay?"

Khushi nodded her head indicating she was fine. The other members too came there hearing Khushi's scream. They asked her what happened and she replied that she was about to fall. She then turned to Arnav and said," Are you my serialwala hero? Matlab you came like those heroes of hindi movies/ serials and saved me. "

She giggled as she said it. Arnav looked at her blankly. Looking at his face Khushi said,"Are I was joking about that herowala thing. I know you are going to get married soon and I promise I wont be a Komolika( villain) in your marriage." she laughed again saying this.

Marriage... God why she had to remind about it again. But he needs to tell Abhi about that and about all the Sheetal fiasco. Maybe only he can help him now. He asked Abhi to meet him alone in the study.

.....................................................

In the study,

Abhi asked," Why did you call me Arnav?"

Arnav-" Abhi I need to talk something serious."

Abhi-" Yaar, its Sunday today. Please no business."

Arnav-" Its not related to business."

Abhi-" Wow you have something else to talk about other than business. Quite impressive. Otherwise its me who always talk and you just give those monosyllabic answers. I think gir Khushi gayi but dimag mein chot tujhe ayi hain. ( Khushi had fallen back then but its you who hit his head.)"

Arnav-" Abhi, be serious its related my life."

Abhi-" Oh okay. Say then."

Arnav-" Di had asked me to come Delhi asap. She wants me to marry Sheetal right now."